Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't beat the Newfoundlanders...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, we're halfway through our Newfoundland trip, and I just had to post about how helpful the Newfoundlanders have been during our visit.

We stopped in to meet up with Net Zero's family in St. John's, and throughly enjoyed meeting them...many thanks again to the Greens for your hospitality!

As we were making our way towards Twillingate, we received an email from Josh'so father David.

We had told David that we would be struggling to recoup our charge at the B & B we were staying at in Twillingate.

David emailed his brother Paul, who was staying up in Twillingate for the summer.

Paul was able to hook us up with a friend of his, a local businessman named Gary Guy. Gary had a garage that had a NEMA 14-50 jack in it...we were able to recharge at 239v 37A on Gary's circuit, rather that the 110v 12A plug at our B & B...fantastic!!!

We left Twillingate this morning, but we're still likely to encounter a charging issue in our way point of Grand Falls - Windsor.

As you know, Josh Green was working on crowd funding a charge station for GFW...the station has arrived at the host site (The Mount Peyton Hotel), but as of my conversation with the property maintenance manager this morning, it is still not yet installed.

No worries...the Green family to the rescue again...Paul checked with Gary Guy, and Gary had a contact with a welding plug in GFW...Paul emailed the information to us a half an hour after we left Twillingate.

An hour and a half later at 198v 39A, and we were good to go on to our next destination at Deer Lake.

As a denizen of Ontario, we always hear stories of the hospitality, helpfulness, and friendliness of the folks who live on the rock.

It is indeed wonderful to experience their qualities firsthand.

Thanks again, and I look forward to our paths crossing again!

Jaff, Cindy & Avie

Well, we're halfway through our Newfoundland trip, and I just had to post about how helpful the Newfoundlanders have been during our visit.

We stopped in to meet up with Net Zero's family in St. John's, and throughly enjoyed meeting them...many thanks again to the Greens for your hospitality!

As we were making our way towards Twillingate, we received an email from Josh'so father David.

We had told David that we would be struggling to recoup our charge at the B & B we were staying at in Twillingate.

David emailed his brother Paul, who was staying up in Twillingate for the summer.

Paul was able to hook us up with a friend of his, a local businessman named Gary Guy. Gary had a garage that had a NEMA 14-50 jack in it...we were able to recharge at 239v 37A on Gary's circuit, rather that the 110v 12A plug at our B & B...fantastic!!!

We left Twillingate this morning, but we're still likely to encounter a charging issue in our way point of Grand Falls - Windsor.

As you know, Josh Green was working on crowd funding a charge station for GFW...the station has arrived at the host site (The Mount Peyton Hotel), but as of my conversation with the property maintenance manager this morning, it is still not yet installed.

No worries...the Green family to the rescue again...Paul checked with Gary Guy, and Gary had a contact with a welding plug in GFW...Paul emailed the information to us a half an hour after we left Twillingate.

An hour and a half later at 198v 39A, and we were good to go on to our next destination at Deer Lake.

As a denizen of Ontario, we always hear stories of the hospitality, helpfulness, and friendliness of the folks who live on the rock.

Jaff, Cindy & Avie

***edit*** Could one of the Mods please correct the spelling of the word "the" in the thread title? Thanks!

• Disagree
Reactions: msnow

Good to know, did you buy an adapter in the US in order to get more than 32A on the NEMA 14-50? Would be nice to pull more than 32A sometimes.

Jaff, Cindy & Avie

Hey Jaff, just seeing this post now!

Glad to hear that your EV charging needs were met along your journey in NL. I didn't know that you had to charge up in GFW on your way to Deer Lake. Good to know that it's there if someone is ever in a pinch. However, once the SCH-100 is installed at the Mount Peyton, it shouldn't be a problem area any more.

Pleasure meeting you and your family as well and hope our paths do cross again in the future.

I hope your experience encourages other Tesla owners to come visit NL as well! We love meeting new people (especially those passionate about electric vehicles ;) ) !

Good to know, did you buy an adapter in the US in order to get more than 32A on the NEMA 14-50? Would be nice to pull more than 32A sometimes.

Sorry for the late reply Mike...I haven't been around much lately.

When I had my Roadster, I learned that a good array of plug adapters was a very good thing...could bail you out big time.

When we got our first Model S, I loaded up on the Tesla adapters to basically match what I had on the Roadster.

I did acquire a couple of adapters from the U.S....they provided for charging in older campgrounds, and had NEMA 14-50 female ends to accept the 14-50 that came with the UMC package.

Sorry for the late reply Mike...I haven't been around much lately.

When I had my Roadster, I learned that a good array of plug adapters was a very good thing...could bail you out big time.

When we got our first Model S, I loaded up on the Tesla adapters to basically match what I had on the Roadster.

I did acquire a couple of adapters from the U.S....they provided for charging in older campgrounds, and had NEMA 14-50 female ends to accept the 14-50 that came with the UMC package.

Thanks for the info, I'm in the states for the week and was thinking of getting another 14-50 adapter (US version), do you know if using it with the current UMC would allow 40A?