Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't believe they dropped Silver...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That happened a few weeks ago. A questionable decision. I've had my silver for 6 months and love it. The current color choices are very slim. Makes me wonder who's in charge of that, maybe the guy that headed the center console department.

+1 REALLY DUMB DECISION! Currently driving a pearl white MS. We have an X on reservation, BUT IF I CAN'T GET IT IN SILVER, THEN I WON'T UNTIL THEY ADD SILVER BACK!

+1 REALLY DUMB DECISION! Currently driving a pearl white MS. We have an X on reservation, BUT IF I CAN'T GET IT IN SILVER, THEN I WON'T UNTIL THEY ADD SILVER BACK!

X paint colors not announced - seems a little over-the-top when you don't even know.

- - - Updated - - -

You may have the honor of the first 'that's a deal breaker!' post for the X in 2015. :)

Considering every other car on the road is bland silver this doesn't disappoint me... more colorful teslas!

Well, MOST silver. The 'glitter sliver' paint with red rims probably would stand out on the road...

silver hotwheels model s.jpg

I own a two year old silver Model S 60. After hearing about new 70D I went down to our local Tesla SC and had them work up how much they'd give me in a trade in. It was an excellent price. The only reason I did not do the trade in was because I could not get silver. Saw the titanium metallic in person today which did not do it for me--too dark, too brown--definitely not a substitute for silver. They checked with HQ for me 3 weeks ago and were told silver was no longer a special option.

IMO the reason silver was a poor seller is because it was a relatively unexciting silver as silver cars go, more light gray than silver. Tesla might have done better by improving their silver to a more lustrous metallic silver like you see on many other high end cars instead of dropping it.

Does anyone know who I should email at Tesla to vote that they bring back [an improved] silver? Thx.

Considering every other car on the road is bland silver this doesn't disappoint me... more colorful teslas!

Totally agree! ^

White, pearl, gray, black, silver, are all on the same palette! I can't believe they had 5 non-colored colors in the first place.

When anyone asked me what color I was getting, I always just told them A COLOR! Blue or Red! At least now there's a little more blue in the midnight silver metallic and the obsidian.

I love my silver with tinted windows! In the heat and dust around here, I definitely wanted a light color. I was torn between white and silver until I saw them in person. Silver is beautiful! Very classy, imo. Going to the different Superchargers, we see a lot of silvers. I mostly see black, white, and silver - occasionally gray. I do hope they come out with another version of silver. I'll be trading mine in in another year - at the 3-year mark, and I'll probably want another silver version - no silver with brown tones to it!

Great news about silver being back. I was surprised that it was discontinued. After owning several silver cars and getting used to how easy silver is to maintain it's hard to go back though white is a close second choice.

The Model X will have a nice palette of colors to start the new orders :)

Dang, my car is already confirmed in blue, which is the color my heart wants.
but silver is very easy to maintain... :confused:
Oh well, not gonna pay extra to go back to a color I have now.
If the blue is a PITA I can get it wrapped in silver vinyl later.

Silver is back!

Tesla Model S order page shows "Silver metallic" as a color today, apparently added yesterday (and I see that some other person noticed this yesterday and posted about it in another thread).
It is a ninth color, nothing was removed that I can see.
It does not look as nice in the graphic as the actual cars did in the past, so I am not sure it is the exact same color as before.
That was the color I wanted and could not get when I ordered in July. But happy with the red...

Last edited: