Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't connect to new router

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Netgear router WNR1000v4 which was ok, but slow and weak signal strength. My Model 3 could connect to it sometimes.

I recently purchased a TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router. My phone and laptop can connect to it with no issues.

However my Model 3 won't connect to either Guest or regular network (2.4GHz). Both are listed with decent strength but when I try to connect it always says "[red hazard symbol] Could Not Join TP-Link_9364".

I tried disabling the SPI Firewall, no effect. Otherwise the router is mostly default settings. Not sure what else to try, any suggestions?

split your networks into 2ghz and 5ghz bands (should be an option in the GUI interface) and have your car connect to the 2ghz band. It's not quite as fast but will penetrate walls better and should give you a more reliable connection.

Reactions: btownalset
split your networks into 2ghz and 5ghz bands (should be an option in the GUI interface) and have your car connect to the 2ghz band. It's not quite as fast but will penetrate walls better and should give you a more reliable connection.
Thanks it's already setup like that, the car doesn't even see the 5GHz networks. Both the 2.4GHz (guest and secure) are visible with 2 bars of signal strength. And both give the same error message.

I have a Netgear router WNR1000v4 which was ok, but slow and weak signal strength. My Model 3 could connect to it sometimes.

I recently purchased a TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router. My phone and laptop can connect to it with no issues.

However my Model 3 won't connect to either Guest or regular network (2.4GHz). Both are listed with decent strength but when I try to connect it always says "[red hazard symbol] Could Not Join TP-Link_9364".

I tried disabling the SPI Firewall, no effect. Otherwise the router is mostly default settings. Not sure what else to try, any suggestions?
Change the channel on the 2.4Ghz.