Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't Connect with Destination Charging Dep. At Tesla!!!????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
whoa there cowboy, part of the deal of getting the free hardware from tesla is that YOU provide the power FOR NO CHARGE
Of course... except since you are a founders series commenter on this thread I would expect you to know that Tesla is in no way providing these chargers for me, I'll be paying completely out of pocket. But hey... out of the goodness of my heart, I may just gift charging to the community. ;)

I think that your expectations are way out of line! tesla will tell you everything you need to know about the evse they are getting to you however the actual siting and installation is 100% on you. good luck
Screenshot_20170816-003319.png

No it's not. It just has to be installed in a prominent location. Sites are not required to provide free power to their patrons, though most do.
interesting, could you describe how a tesla destination charger would metered in order to collect a fee?
I've never seen a tesla destination charger that has been metered or had a fee to plug in.
to preempt your probable response about parking fees, fees to park that are charged to all vehicles is not charging for parking.

interesting, could you describe how a tesla destination charger would metered in order to collect a fee?
I've never seen a tesla destination charger that has been metered or had a fee to plug in.
to preempt your probable response about parking fees, fees to park that are charged to all vehicles is not charging for parking.

Some sites say they are "for patrons only".

Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
How the site collects the fee is irrelevant. My point was Tesla does not require the site to provide the power for free as a condition of receiving the HPWC, as you claimed. Most sites do not charge. I recall reading a post here recently about a B&B that was charging a fee for guests to use it. I assume the B&B owner would know whose car it was. A winery near Austin had charged but then allowed use for free with minimum purchase. The Holiday Inn Express in Williams AZ (Grand Canyon) charges guests $25 to use the destination chargers. Etc., etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
whoa there cowboy, part of the deal of getting the free hardware from tesla is that YOU provide the power FOR NO CHARGE

There are no conditions. They just encourage them to offer it for free.

Anyway he just wants to buy and get some information about installation.

Anyway, OP is installing at his business, and if he's on a commercial tariff of any significant size he could have demand charges and/or TOU pricing.

If he's subject to demand charges, the per kWh fees are usually relatively lower. So if he can figure out when the peak demand is, and how much buffer there is, he might be more comfortable offering free charging on Plugshare if timers on the circuits disabled the charging near the peak.

• Love
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture