Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't decide, Black or Silver MY ----

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I've gone back and forth so many times in my build for an inbound Y in Oct. I currently have a Silver M3 '22 that I'm selling for it. The Silver is nice, but that's it. Never too dirty and clean, it's just nice.

I'm hearing horror stories with black and "get PPF....get ceramic.....get both...", which I'd rather not spend any more money if I go with black.
Anyone currently have a black Y or YP in the last year that can share real-world paint feedback?

Even Tesla Sales people telling me not to lol.

I don't want white, blue or red so thats 100% out. Thought about blue but way too bright in sunlight and doesn't mesh well with black rims I'm getting.

Current build as of today: Silver with the black 20s, black interior which I'm favouring. Again due to black bad rep

It's either: Black with black 20s and black interior or Silver with the same.

Running out of time lol

Thanks.

Depends on how much time you’re willing to spend on keeping it looking nice.

Black looks great when it’s clean. Silver will hide the dirt (and eventual paint chips, etc if you’re not getting ppf) better.

You can DIY ceramic for about $150 on a fresh new (non-scratched up) paint job on a Saturday afternoon. That will keep it looking much better.

But it takes a time investment to keep the black looking good. Your call.

Reactions: Ther0ck and TezlaTO
This is an old thread but here's my 2c.

Our X3 is black and I hate it. Looks amazing clean but it is never clean. PPF won't help. Ceramic will help when washing it but it's not going to really keep it much cleaner.

If you like cleaning your car, black always looks good.

Curious what you decided if you did pull the trigger.