Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't decide - Conflicted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finalized my order last month so this is probably a moot point, but...

My current order is a 60kwh with twin chargers, hpwc, and supercharging. An 85kwh is about $5k more if I drop the twin chargers and hpwc and keep all other options the same (air, tech, pano, leather). When I was looking at an $8k difference (supercharging is included on the 85) it was easier to hold off. At closer to $5k I wonder whether I should have gone with the larger battery and dropped the other charging related amenities.

You're in Menlo Park, California. You won't need the larger battery; you'll have plenty of Superchargers and lots of level II chargers.

I mean, unless you plan to drive to the East Coast or something.

I got the large battery because I'm in (a) a charging wasteland with (b) no planned Superchargers in (c) a cold climate. You are in exactly the opposite situation. You'll be fine. Enjoy the money.

I know what you mean about having too much time to think! I also looked at the $8k diff back when I finalized. But don't forget tax on top of it. But the wait for them to build more 60s is maddening! I'm paying $700/month for a base Ford Fiesta plus gas while waiting. Every now and then (usually when I need to buy gas, or have to hear the little tiny engine struggle to make it to highway speed on an onramp) I realize that I'd be in a MS already if I went 85.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, in case you might be wondering, I just checked. Not possible to change from 60 to 85 after finalizing. Before flaming me, I expected and accept this. I just had to check :)

How is it possible that you're paying $700 a month for a base Ford Fiesta? Inquiring minds want to know.