Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't! Decide! Which color are you getting?

Which color Model 3 do you think you'll order?

• Red

Votes: 45 19.4%
  • White

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • Blue

Votes: 68 29.3%
  • Black

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • Silver

Votes: 43 18.5%
  • Other

Votes: 20 8.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted silver before the unveiling, the alpha in silver looked great (which confirmed that further) and then the latest RC picture also looks great (although it seems to be a slightly different type of silver from the alpha). Still siding on silver (although if it's a $1000+ option, I might reconsider).
I'm assuming any color other than black (maybe white) will be an extra charge based on the S and X? If so, I'm just resigning myself to having to pay more since I do not want black (or white).

Aiming for the original Model S green, if they bring it back, or the matte black from the reveal event, if Elon makes good on his comments about bringing it to production and/or if I can convince myself to handle the maintenance required on a matte finish.

Anyone ever had a matte finish on their car? Is it a huge chore to maintain?

I reckon on whatever color is the no cost option, then either wrap or dip it to the color I really want.
I'm assuming there will be the same "colors" as the current S & X, not of which appeal enough to pay extra for them.
Having said that, current costs are 1K and 1.5K extra, am guessing it could be cheaper on the Model 3.

I want white. The base white, not the pearl white. I do not want to pay extra for paint colors.

I'm hoping Tesla emails us some sort of survey soon. Give us maybe 15 colors to pick from, with photos of the 3 in each color, we get to vote for 2 or 3 choices, and the top 7 or 8 become production colors.

And Tesla, before it becomes an issue, we do not need 3 different variants of BLACK!!! Or really dark blue that is almost black!!!

I hope Tesla doesn't make the 3 only in dull, mostly dark colors like the S and X. Include some bright, happy, fun colors, like bright yellow, orange, green, and the 1971 Dodge B3 Petty Blue that Ford is now copying on Mustangs. Then I will have a much harder choice to make.

This is not a luxury car only driven by stuffy old poo-poos and retired people or career professionals. This car is for more normal people, and me.

My S is MCR, most of my Italian cars have been some variant of Italian Racing Red (exception I had a Ferrari that was s...t brown to avoid police attention. did.not.work). My British ones have been BRG and the French ones Blue. I am partial to BRG, but my 3's, both of them, will be MCR.

Solid white standard color! Since Tesla M3 will outsell other EVs, color selection should at least be as good as -

Chevy Bolt standard colors: Arctic Blue Metallic, Black Metallic, Gray Metallic, White. For $395 extra: Red Tintcoat, Blue Metallic, Orange Metallic
Hyundai Ioniq standard colors: White, Black Pearl, Silver, Blue Metallic
Leaf SV standard colors: Glacier White, Deep Blue Pearl, Forged Bronze, Oculis Red, Black, Gun Metallic, Silver. For $395 extra: Pearl White

• Informative
Reactions: T34ME
Solid white standard color! Since Tesla M3 will outsell other EVs, color selection should at least be as good as -

Chevy Bolt standard colors: Arctic Blue Metallic, Black Metallic, Gray Metallic, White. For $395 extra: Red Tintcoat, Blue Metallic, Orange Metallic
Hyundai Ioniq standard colors: White, Black Pearl, Silver, Blue Metallic
Leaf SV standard colors: Glacier White, Deep Blue Pearl, Forged Bronze, Oculis Red, Black, Gun Metallic, Silver. For $395 extra: Pearl White
To add - most BMWs have at least black or white solid as standard, metallic paint in various colors $700 extra. BMW 7 series has most colors built into the cost, but charge $1700 extra for a different color palette.
Having black as the only no-cost color is very retro.

I don't know what I'm talking about but my WAG is that the 3 will have 3 base colors- basic blue, basic white, and a basic silver. I believe that it will have about 4 additional colors, probably from the S palette - multi-coat red, metallic dark silver, metallic blue, and metallic black. YMMV.

I don't know what I'm talking about but my WAG is that the 3 will have 3 base colors- basic blue, basic white, and a basic silver. I believe that it will have about 4 additional colors, probably from the S palette - multi-coat red, metallic dark silver, metallic blue, and metallic black. YMMV.
Why not basic black as one of the base colors, since that's what's offered on the S and X?

Why not basic black as one of the base colors, since that's what's offered on the S and X?
I don't know, I just have a feeling, the same way I didn't include Pearl White in the mix anywhere. Perhaps they will want to change up the colors a bit to differentiate the 3 from the S/X. The 3 is meant to be a "Volks Auto" and to appeal to the masses, a much different market than the S/X.

I think maybe black will be included in the Premium colors as Obsidian Black. I meant to add, but was too late to edit, that I think the Premium colors will be somewhere between $500 to $700 more. I think there will be only two color choices for the basic interior - dark grey and tan/beige, both with very dark blackish accents.

Your guess is as good as mine.