Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't Enable Scheduled Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't set my Model 3 to start charging at a specific time. The setting for charging based on a specified departure time works, but when I click the grey text to change to scheduled charging the option slider to enable scheduled charging and the time to start charging are both greyed out.

Am I missing something?

Software version 2021.32.21.

Thanks.

Perhaps that you can not have both scheduled charging and scheduled departure? You will need to delete any and all scheduled departure settings in order to use scheduled charging.
Yeah, I figured it out and came here to update my post.

Clicking 'switch to scheduled charging' doesn't do it. I had to click the blue 'scheduled' button and remove the scheduled departure setting. After that I could enable scheduled charging and the start time.

Thanks.

Yeah, I figured it out and came here to update my post.

Clicking 'switch to scheduled charging' doesn't do it. I had to click the blue 'scheduled' button and remove the scheduled departure setting. After that I could enable scheduled charging and the start time.

Thanks.

NP (and thank you very much for circling back and providing / confirming the solution. Many times, people post a question, figure it out, and just vanish, leaving us all to wonder what actually was wrong.

Reactions: larryj
I just noticed it too the other day. It kinda is a bug...you need to actually switch off scheduled charging first then tell it to switch to scheduled departure. Ideally it should do the first automatically when you do the second, otherwise you might not realize it doesn't switch.

Where is the blue scheduled button? This is definitely a bug!

As far as software settings like this goes, because tesla updates software all the time, an older thread about software many times is not valid.

I would suggest looking for threads on this feature that are newer than any time in 2021, since there was a big software / firmware update in the end of 2021.