Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't fill air in tires with Tesla tire repair kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to test my Tesla tire repair kit. Not the actual repair part, but simply using it to add air to tires.

1) I connected it to 12V outlet
2) Setting to pump mode (not repair mode)
3) Screwed on the "air outlet" to the tire
4) Started pump

The pressure goes up to max, but no air is entering the tire? I'm I doing something wrong or should I exchange my tire repair kit?

I tried it on 2 different cars, not working at all. I bought another 12V compressor pump from Amazon and it works like a charm, so nothing wrong with the tires or my ability to add air to tires.

Help appreciated!

It sounds like the issue may be with your tire repair kit. It's possible that it is not functioning correctly and could need to be exchanged. You can reach out to the company you purchased it from and ask for a replacement if necessary. If they don't offer a warranty or guarantee, you can always try using another 12V compressor pump as a temporary solution until you find one that works properly. If the issue persists, you may want to consider getting a professional opinion on what may be causing your tire repair kit to not work correctly. Good luck and hopefully you can get this sorted out soon!

Joseph
From Precision Auto Styling
Yes, I’ve asked Tesla to send me a new one. No reply yet

Upvote 0
Yeah, yours is busted. Sounds like some kind of blockage inside the pump.

Got one, has worked fine since we got it (Xmas present) a couple-three years ago. Haven’t had to use the flat-repair part.

Getting a replacement from Tesla is the right thing to do.
Maybe the valve that one turns to switch between Air and Repair Liquid is broken. It's an actual mechanical valve that switched the pump output between the black air hose and the flat repair liquid canister. The valve could be broken or clogged.

Upvote 0
My Tesla repair kit stopped worked after only a couple of months. when I first got my Tesla repair on-off switch took a couple of attempt at pushing it before it would start the compressor, and the tire repair fluid function also worked ( I accidentally started the compressor with the option switch in repair instead of air pump mode). But I could not get the pump or repair fluid to work when stuck on the side of the 880 freeway with flat a few days ago. Anyone have a suggestion for a different tire repair fluid option?

Upvote 0
Buy a 12v compressor and a plug kit.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 2.28.26 PM copy.png
Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 2.42.11 PM copy.png

Reactions: David9020
Upvote 0