Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't get Auto Lane change to work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

viper2ko

Aug 30, 2017
USA
I just took delivery of my MS 75D today. Autopilot showed up about 40 miles into the trip and it worked great. But I could not get auto lane change to work. I tried on several different highways and roads. It's enabled on in my settings. Is this something that I'll need to check with the SC about?

How are you testing it? Running autopilot (TACC and auto steer) and holding down the turn signal should trigger a lane change to the next lane automatically. Wait until you are in the next lane to release it and it should lock on to that new lane.

Which part isn’t working?

How are you testing it? Running autopilot (TACC and auto steer) and holding down the turn signal should trigger a lane change to the next lane automatically. Wait until you are in the next lane to release it and it should lock on to that new lane.

Which part isn’t working?

I put the signal on to indicate i want to change lanes. But the car goes nowhere

Needs calibration beyond what AP needs to start working. Same with the autoparks. If you just took delivery maybe 2.5 doesn't do this yet at all. Keep driving.
Mine does. It has about 200 total, but I believe it did it shortly after AP started working at 30 miles. It could definitely need more miles if you only have a little more than the 50. Definitely keep driving and keep testing!

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I just took delivery of my MS 75D today. Autopilot showed up about 40 miles into the trip and it worked great. But I could not get auto lane change to work. I tried on several different highways and roads. It's enabled on in my settings. Is this something that I'll need to check with the SC about?

Same here - It worked fine for a couple of days. Since then, I've tried activated to no avail. I'll play around with it on different roads - see what happens.

FWIW, it only works if it recognizes (and displays on the screen) the adjacent highway lanes.

If you only see the car in its lane on your IC, then the car will not auto change lanes.

You do need to be traveling on highways, and above a certain speed (40mph I believe) for this to work.

Reactions: croman
FWIW, it only works if it recognizes (and displays on the screen) the adjacent highway lanes.

If you only see the car in its lane on your IC, then the car will not auto change lanes.

You do need to be traveling on highways, and above a certain speed (40mph I believe) for this to work.
It may show the adjacent lane(s), but it won’t show cars in the next lane until you turn on the turn signal for the lane change. That’s when it uses the side cameras (or at least displays what it sees in them, for AP2.0). Erik and David did a video of that behavior recently.