Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't get coherent answer re Warranty Adjustment Program – Touchscreen Component

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read the Warranty email several times. I am not able to submit my application because the app says that I am not eligible, but there is nothing in the FAQ that disqualifies me.

I have tried to 'discuss' this through Testa's service chat facility, but they just ask me to send my details and they will get back to me. When they do - by email - they send me the FAQs again and say to read them. It is truly frustrating that I cannot speak to someone and either have them hear me our or else give me a coherent reason as to why I do not qualify for the rebate.

Has anyone else experienced this stonewalling/frustration?

Does anyone know what the magic is to actually speak with a human?

Reactions: hcdavis3
How close is the nearest Service Center? I found best results from just going there and talking with a person, telling them (kindly) that you are at your wit's end and don't know what to do. (assuming you're vaccinated and they've relaxed their stringent rules where you are).

Right after buying the car, I had success talking with the salesman at the dealership. The salesman neglected to tell me I'd have to pay for internet/ infotainment after a year, and they ended up giving me 50 months free, in the form of a $500 credit, which I've used on maintenance and items at the Tesla store.

How close is the nearest Service Center? I found best results from just going there and talking with a person, telling them (kindly) that you are at your wit's end and don't know what to do. (assuming you're vaccinated and they've relaxed their stringent rules where you are).

Right after buying the car, I had success talking with the salesman at the dealership. The salesman neglected to tell me I'd have to pay for internet/ infotainment after a year, and they ended up giving me 50 months free, in the form of a $500 credit, which I've used on maintenance and items at the Tesla store.
Thanks for this input. I have tried to do that. I am close to the major service centre in Toronto and I am good terms with the people there as I am a long time Tesla owner, but it is still contactless. However I have managed to get them on the phone. They tell me that there is nothing that they can do and that I need to contact the special rebate team. and of course the special rebate team is not contactable. Is Tesla turning into a telco?

Besides trying to talk to a human, what’s your situation? Did you have the eMMC replaced out of pocket and they say you don’t qualify for some reason like because it was third party? Did you do the MCU2 upgrade and they don’t want to reimburse for the eMMC piece of the $1500?

Besides trying to talk to a human, what’s your situation? Did you have the eMMC replaced out of pocket and they say you don’t qualify for some reason like because it was third party? Did you do the MCU2 upgrade and they don’t want to reimburse for the eMMC piece of the $1500?
Yes. I had the EEMC replaced as it was failing and they say I don't qualify, but they do not tell me why I do not qualify. Speaking to a knowledgeable human would help.

Yes. I had the EEMC replaced as it was failing and they say I don't qualify, but they do not tell me why I do not qualify. Speaking to a knowledgeable human would help.
I would just use the service chat again and state that you’ve already been sent the FAQ many times and need to know exactly why you don’t qualify. Did you have it replaced at the SC for around $400 or what’s the full story/history?