Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't log in to app suddenly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nkmu

Aug 23, 2021
SC
Android, Pixel 6. App was working fine until yesterday, and then it couldn't connect to the car. I've tried:

Log out, log back in. I get an "error request timeout" message every time.

Restart phone.

Phone on 5g and wifi

Restart Tesla (long press both buttons)

Delete and reinstall app.

Log in to Tesla website on laptop (this works fine, implying password is valid).

Wife's iPhone still works fine with the app.

What am I missing?

Strange. Fwiw, I just successfully connected to my model 3 from my Pixel 6. My Pixel has the July security update and app version 4.10.0-1111. My model 3 is at 2022.12.3.20 (fsd beta) and using my home wifi (verified from my router).

You didn't by any chance receive a message from your phone about removing app permissions in the last day or so did you? The symptom sounds like the app doesn't have communication priviledges.

Strange. Fwiw, I just successfully connected to my model 3 from my Pixel 6. My Pixel has the July security update and app version 4.10.0-1111. My model 3 is at 2022.12.3.20 (fsd beta) and using my home wifi (verified from my router).

You didn't by any chance receive a message from your phone about removing app permissions in the last day or so did you? The symptom sounds like the app doesn't have communication priviledges.
Thanks for the reply. Don't recall any app permission removal request. I enabled all permissions and still no luck. At a loss for next step.