Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't log in to Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got my lovely Model 3 two days ago, everything is great! But then today I found I was logged out of the app, saying I need to enter my password to log in. Then I tried many times, it didn't work, saying can't verify my password. I'm 100% sure the password is correct because I can use that password to log into the website.

I was also thinking about deleting the app and reinstall a new one, but it says I will lose my data and all settings, which makes me hesitate about it, since this is new to me, I don't know what setting will be lost and how to fix that.

It's pretty weird tho, did anyone run into this issue before or any thoughts? Much appreciate!

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-27_21-57-35.png
    upload_2020-2-27_21-57-35.png
    425.3 KB · Views: 675
  • upload_2020-2-27_21-59-53.png
    upload_2020-2-27_21-59-53.png
    443.5 KB · Views: 366
The ‘data’ is only the app settings, every app says that. So, you will have to re-enable notifications and the like. Do be sure to do that.

That is the best next step, if the password is okay, delete and reinstall the app and then check all the settings.

Also note that this happens (password prompt) every few weeks or so. You don’t need to do anything except re-enter your password in the pop up.

I had this problem a few weeks ago, turns out it had locked out my account due to password attempts however the app doesnt tell you that. It wasnt until I went and tried to log back on to the actual website did it say I needed to reset my password. Once I created a new password I was good to go

This also happens occasionally when the they are having server issues on their end. In that case deleting won't help your login issues AND it's been reported that your phone won't act as a key anymore until you get the app reinstalled AND manager to log in.

I would recommend not deleting the app unless you have your card backup with you.

Have a new Iphone 12 and a 2020 Tesla 3. The old Iphone worked fine; it won't even let me enter my password on this new phone. "Sign-in failed. Server did not return expected authentification parameters". It is the correct e-mail and password. We even changed it and used the new password. it works fine on my husband's phone--not mine. Any suggestions? (I've uninstalled, reinstalled, turned the phone off, turned bluetooth off and on, turned VPN off. Help!

Had the same problem.
Did not recognise Email any more.
Got the fix by switching off VPN on my Samsung S20+
Wilhelm
Same problem. To login, the app tried to access auth-global.tesla.com via safari, which timed-out with the message "server stopped responding". Over and over. I tried power cycling the phone then deleting and reloading the app with no affect.
Then I noticed a VPN was on from when I was on a public WiFi net, and turned it off. Then, auth-global.tesla.com responded normally.
THE APP SHOULD AUTHENTICATE WHEN A VPN IS ON!

Same problem. To login, the app tried to access auth-global.tesla.com via safari, which timed-out with the message "server stopped responding". Over and over. I tried power cycling the phone then deleting and reloading the app with no affect.
Then I noticed a VPN was on from when I was on a public WiFi net, and turned it off. Then, auth-global.tesla.com responded normally.
THE APP SHOULD AUTHENTICATE WHEN A VPN IS ON!
I have the same problem when my VPN is on.