Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't log into my Tesla iPhone app today (pics)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JulienW

Jul 7, 2018
Atlanta
I can't log into my iPhone app today. Of course there is not much to see but it has been working and has been saying something like "Welcome to the Tesla Family", showing a representation of my car and had "how to" Videos and user info link (2) buttons. I can still log in on-line and don't see a VIN number (looks the same). Does this mean anything (positive hopefully) or is it just a fluke. If so how do I correct it?

IMG_0408.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 10.06.02 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Will this is weird. Didn't expect others to see the same thing and thought it was going to just be some problem I was having. Wish an owner would post about this happening to them before receiving a VIN. :eek::eek: Sure hope it is good sign and not just an aberration. Please be a positive.:D

Same here. I’m actually on my way to my delivery appointment this morning, and though it had something to do with that (setting up my car, etc).

Seeing all the others having problems makes me suspect a bug/server side issue. Hopefully it clears up soon. I’ll ask about it at my delivery appointment.
....but way only people who haven't received yet (rhetorical since I know you can't answer)? If they tell you any reason please post it.

Uh, I assume all of these postings are from people whom haven't actually received the car yet ?
As long as 3 years ago, I had this happen with I ordered an X. It showed up in the app, then disappeared for a few days, then came back, then disappeared again, and then reappeared again a couple days before the car arrived.

....but way only people who haven't received yet (rhetorical since I know you can't answer)? If they tell you any reason please post it.

Certainly. :)
Update: Delivery went great this morning. When I got there I mentioned the issue that people were reporting. My delivery guy hadn't heard of it, but didn't seem to concerned. He had me open the app and pop the frunk. I had to log in again after getting that error earlier, but once I did, everything worked just fine.

My guess is that there's an issue with the part of the app backend that serves up the page you see when you have ordered, but haven't yet taken delivery. In a Reddit thread, other people were discussing the same issue, and apparently this has happened before from time to time, and isn't anything to worry about.

If you're getting this error, hang tight, and it will probably go away soon. And it doesn't affect anything regarding your assigned car or order details.

Still the same on the app but now have Referral info on the website that wasn't there as of yesterday (see OP pic). Also passed 2 weeks yesterday but oddly it still says my Estimated time is WITHIN 2 weeks (Elon time:eek:).

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 5.55.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 6.00.23 AM.png