Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't log into my Tesla iPhone app today (pics)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. My home delivery is scheduled for this afternoon. My guess is that Tesla disables mobile access for cars that are close to delivery then enable it when it's actually delivered. Make sense that they don't want inadvertent access to the car before delivery. Just a guess. We'll see if I'll have access later.

Same here. My home delivery is scheduled for this afternoon. My guess is that Tesla disables mobile access for cars that are close to delivery then enable it when it's actually delivered. Make sense that they don't want inadvertent access to the car before delivery. Just a guess. We'll see if I'll have access later.
I WISH but I have no evidence of being "close to delivery" in my case (the only one that counts:D).

Reactions: torontohm3wait
Same here on my LR AWD Model 3. Ordered 5/6, no VIN assigned to MyTesla account and no delivery advisor yet.

The app stopped working for me a couple days ago after previously being able to see support videos and referral code.

Allegedly Tesla is saying that this is because the car is in delivery and they don’t want people sounding the horn or flashing lights while in transit but I’m not buying that. Will hope for the best for a delivery next week but doubtful.

Same here on my LR AWD Model 3. Ordered 5/6, no VIN assigned to MyTesla account and no delivery advisor yet.

The app stopped working for me a couple days ago after previously being able to see support videos and referral code.

Allegedly Tesla is saying that this is because the car is in delivery and they don’t want people sounding the horn or flashing lights while in transit but I’m not buying that. Will hope for the best for a delivery next week but doubtful.
Lets not get peoples hopes up only to disappoint. Wishful thinking is good but people here have been waiting quite a long time now let us see where this goes in the coming week.

Lets not get peoples hopes up only to disappoint. Wishful thinking is good but people here have been waiting quite a long time now let us see where this goes in the coming week.

I’m right there with you, just repeating info I’ve read from others here. While I haven’t been waiting as long as some here (yet), I cant sleep at night because of the excitement so believe me I share that sentiment.

Ok may be more than one issue but this is my story. Ordered 5/1, got VIN 5/5, app gave login error of no product linked to account since 5/8. Website shows all details VIN etc. I have delivery scheduled to today 5/11 when I called and asked advisor knew what the error was before I told him and said that when they load your VIN on truck for delivery they block the app so if your account was accidently enabled you could not control the car on the delivery truck. I will let you know after I pick it up if the app starts working again. But seems strange it would happen to so many people all on Thursday if you did not have a car in transit. Sounds more like a Software error now.

Cool thing the advisor woke the car up while I was on the phone with him Friday and told me the car was on I80 in Wyoming headed to Denver.

Ok may be more than one issue but this is my story. Ordered 5/1, got VIN 5/5, app gave login error of no product linked to account since 5/8. Website shows all details VIN etc. I have delivery scheduled to today 5/11 when I called and asked advisor knew what the error was before I told him and said that when they load your VIN on truck for delivery they block the app so if your account was accidently enabled you could not control the car on the delivery truck. I will let you know after I pick it up if the app starts working again. But seems strange it would happen to so many people all on Thursday if you did not have a car in transit. Sounds more like a Software error now.

Cool thing the advisor woke the car up while I was on the phone with him Friday and told me the car was on I80 in Wyoming headed to Denver.
This is what gets me and don't understand. You ordered a Red/White on 5/1 and you get a build VIN 1 week later. I ordered the same car except with 19" on 4/25 and I still have crickets. What is the rhyme or reason of that?

EDIT: After looking your delivery date looks too soon for build and shipping. Must have been an inventory car (do you know???). But how is that possible? In the SE there is very little Model 3 inventory and almost all is black.

Last edited:
This is what gets me and don't understand. You ordered a Red/White on 5/1 and you get a build VIN 1 week later. I ordered the same car except with 19" on 4/25 and I still have crickets. What is the rhyme or reason of that?

EDIT: After looking your delivery date looks too soon for build and shipping. Must have been an inventory car (do you know???). But how is that possible? In the SE there is very little and almost all is black.

As far as I could tell, there is no rhyme or reason on how this works. The closest I could guess (..and it is guess, nothing more) is that a VIN gets assigned to you only when a car matching your specification gets assigned to ship to your SC. This is different from "build car based on order, assign, figure out how to ship".

This woulds explain why folks closer to the Fremont factory get their cars before folks on the east coast. Maybe Tesla waits to fill a truck/train-load of cars destined for a SC before shipping to the SC.

This also happened to me right after I received my delivery appointment and VIN number. On day of delivery I was able to log back in around 15 minutes before the appointment. I asked the delivery manager about this and he said it is sometime they implemented to prevent people from honking the horns, unlocking the car, and etc. while waiting for the appointment. Not sure it it's true or not.

Just wanted to add that as soon as the delivery guy pulled up my driveway I was able to log in the app. My earlier guess was right and it made sense in my situation but for you folks who have been waiting for a while and don't have a delivery date yet, it doesn't. Hope the good news comes soon for you guys.

Still no access to the app BUT the LR AWD Model 3 I ordered on 5/6 now has a delivery date of 5/22 per my MyTesla account.

Maybe there is some feasibility to this theory after all...
Just wanted to add that as soon as the delivery guy pulled up my driveway I was able to log in the app. My earlier guess was right and it made sense in my situation but for you folks who have been waiting for a while and don't have a delivery date yet, it doesn't. Hope the good news comes soon for you guys.

I'm the OP and I still have no VIN and all is the same. I have a sneaking suspicion they are only building European/Chinese right now so they can boat them before end of quarter. I'm also thinking that all people that are getting VIN's/car's now are cars that were made ahead (a month or so ago) of time and not actually JUST built to order.....but other than not having a VIN what do I know????:eek::D

I'm the OP and I still have no VIN and all is the same. I have a sneaking suspicion they are only building European/Chinese right now so they can boat them before end of quarter. I'm also thinking that all people that are getting VIN's/car's now are cars that were made ahead (a month or so ago) of time and not actually JUST built to order.....but other than not having a VIN what do I know????:eek::D
Per my sales advisor, my vehicle was just built yesterday following my order on 5/6 and it’s due to the showroom on the 18th and he said I can take delivery on the 19th. So I’m not thinking that’s it.

I called Tesla about a few other issues I was having with the website and asked the customer support guy about my app no longer letting me sign in to my account. Unfortunately, it doesn't indicate anything regarding the status of your car. According to him it's a bug caused by a high volume of traffic, people who have ordered but don't have their car yet can't see their vehicle on the app until they resolve the bug or take delivery of their car. The bug has been around for about a week.

• Informative
I was told it was done on purpose and I won’t be able to log on until 15 minutes before I take delivery. But since I don’t have a VIN yet it doesn’t indicate that your car is on its way, as my app hasn’t worked since last Wednesday.
Did you order on the 25th of April? That is when I ordered which is 2 weeks before. If so then maybe you get access for 2 weeks and then it is cut off. Of course what and why is this? Seems like you should have access at least until your car is built or NEVER have access. What is the method to the madness or is it just and alternant universe ELON time thing that we mere mortal can't comprehend.

In the meantime washed my beautiful ELR for what I hope (AGIAN) is the last time. How many last times can there be???? Come on Tesla.
IMG_0424.jpg