TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can't Order Standard Seating with Premium Upgrade Package

Discussion in 'Model X' started by EV222, Jan 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. EV222

EV222 Member

I went to configure my Model X and noticed that the site will not allow me to get the standard multi pattern seating with a premium interior upgrade package. Has anyone been able to do that?

I have the standard multi pattern seats in my model s (which has been great as I have 3 small children) and so far it has been very easy to clean and keep clean so that is why I am wanting them again on the model x. When I add the premium interior upgrade package though, my seats automatically jump to leather which I get charged an extra $2500 for on top of the $4500 premium interior package and that is not what I want.

Has anyone been able to get the premium interior package with the standard seats?

2. Macgaver

Macgaver Member

Exact. It has been discussed before. Leather is required for the perforations & ventilation seats

3. JanoSicek

JanoSicek Member

This makes me sad :(
    I am not interested in leather seats nor in the air suspension.
    However if I want 90D with biohazard mode, I am forced to get both :(

I'm willing to pay for the whole premium package (4500) even if I do not care for half of the features, but the air suspension+leather is another 4500 on top :/

4. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Unfortunately it's common practice in the auto industry to batch options like this. Most are even worse than Tesla. While I'm sure some of it comes from a desire to make money off high-margin options, a company like Tesla has to limit the number of option permutations in order to simplify production

That said, I feel your pain. My wife wanted Signature Red and so I had to get ALL THE THINGS (Except Ludicrous, which I left off).

5. CTShore

CTShore Supporting Member

Ask for the vegan option. Last I heard, it was still available for the S.

6. Vizir

Vizir Member

The ultra white seats are the vegan option.

7. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

PUP requires leather or the Ultra White (synthetic leather) seats. It is not possible to get PUP with the Black Multi-Patterned seats (at least not currently).

8. trialcritic

trialcritic Member

Is the vegan option available as a choice? I was configuring my Model X and did not see it. Am I missing something?

9. Vizir

Vizir Member

The ultra white seats are synthetic leather, the vegan option.

10. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Not a clickable option. It's one you have to call and ask for.

11. Vizir

Vizir Member

I wanted textile seats with the PUP, so I called and asked for the vegan option and was pointed to the ultra white.

12. trialcritic

trialcritic Member

Thanks

13. Vizir

Vizir Member

SMH. This horse has been beaten to death. As of right now, PUP is not compatible with the textile seat option.