Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't pull log files

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just came back from the Menlo Park Tesla, support is great as usual :) They did a reset of the VMS and logs were successfully pulled.

Some things to keep in mind to help prevent hangs.

1- Don't pull the memory stick out while the logs are written to the USB stick
2- Don't open the charge port door while its writing our the logs
3- Don't put in the key, turn it, or anything that will interrupt the writing of the logs to the USB stick

I read on the forums that it was OK to use the USB diagnostics port to charge your low power USB gadgets. I say DON'T! Reason being is that I did this and I believe this may have been the cause of the issue where the logs would not writeout to the memory stick. The issue is that when you insert anything that has "memory" or storage capabilities the roadster will try to read it. If its unhappy for any odd reason it could hang as like it did with me. I didn't do 1, 2, or 3 above.

Me too... If we had to have an MS engineer over to reboot out Windows machines they'd be living in our guest room.

If only someone could document how it is done for the TMC community... :)

Sorry, I don't remember the exact location but I do know that it was quick and easy. Reach under dash, unplug connector, wait a few seconds, plug in.