Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't put car in neutral

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is it that arrogant people like you always assume anyone struggling didn't do that? Such snobbery is NOT helpful and that' what the site is for dude. Go away if my lack of skill bothers you. Not everyone is a tech nerd etc. Have a happy

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life"

Page 46 of the Model 3 Manual:
=======================

Neutral
Push the lever up or down to the first position
and hold it there for more than 1 second to
shift into Neutral.
Neutral allows Model 3 to
roll freely when you are not pressing the brake
pedal.

If Model 3 is in Park and you use the
touchscreen to release the parking brake
(Controls > Safety & Security), Model 3 shifts
into Neutral (see Parking Brake on page 55).
Model 3 automatically shifts into Park when
you exit. To leave Model 3 in Neutral, use the
touchscreen to engage Transport Mode (see
Instructions for Transporters on page 161)

==========================
Page 161 - Transport mode, in case you want free wheeling neutral
==========================

To activate Transport Mode:
1. Shift into Park.
2. Chock the tires or otherwise ensure Model
3 is stable.
3. Press and hold the brake pedal, then on
the touchscreen touch Controls >
Service > Towing. A message displays
reminding you of how to properly
transport Model 3.
4. Hold the Transport Mode button until it
turns blue. Model 3 is now free-rolling and
can be rolled or winched.
To cancel Transport Mode, shift Model 3 into
Park.
=========================

Hope this helps

As I said, Again, to To assume I had not done so was extremely arrogant .I had read the manual and was having difficulty none the less. It's also a snotty response and doesn't encourage people to ask questions. that's what the forum is for, not to be snotty and arrogant. Thank God the majority of posters here are quite nice quite helpful and quite polite. I have gamed a great deal from the forum and find people like that are few and far between but so impressed with themselves.

As I said, Again, to To assume I had not done so was extremely arrogant .I had read the manual and was having difficulty none the less. It's also a snotty response and doesn't encourage people to ask questions. that's what the forum is for, not to be snotty and arrogant. Thank God the majority of posters here are quite nice quite helpful and quite polite. I have gamed a great deal from the forum and find people like that are few and far between but so impressed with themselves.

I cant speak for anyone else, but your first post made it seem that you had not read the manual. In it you say:

==========
What am I doing wrong? Tried 2 short light up or low taps .
==========

I could not find anywhere that it said to make two short light up or down taps, so made an assumption you didnt read it. You are right, assumptions are bad, but we can only go by what someone says. I copied the manual and posted it in case you didnt have access to it for some reason. You are making your own assumption that I did so to be snotty or arrogant, when in fact I did so to give you all the data in case you didnt have access to it.

Reactions: SpiceWare
I cant speak for anyone else, but your first post made it seem that you had not read the manual. In it you say:

==========
What am I doing wrong? Tried 2 short light up or low taps .
==========

I could not find anywhere that it said to make two short light up or down taps, so made an assumption you didnt read it. You are right, assumptions are bad, but we can only go by what someone says. I copied the manual and posted it in case you didnt have access to it for some reason. You are making your own assumption that I did so to be snotty or arrogant, when in fact I did so to give you all the data in case you didnt have access to it.

Another poster had responded that was what 1 should do. Regardless the snotty arrogant response of read the FN manual is stupid and people with that attitude do not belong on any forum seeking to help people or share information.

• Disagree
Reactions: Petrlol