Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

can't re-connect emergency speaker after filter change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did the first A/C filter replacement on my June 2020 Model Y.

I can't reconnect the emergency speaker. The connector doesn't fit. Doesn't even look the same. Picture on the top right is the speaker (seems to have blade connections), picture on bottom right is what I *THINK* is the connector. They don't match! That loose connector is heading towards the center console. Picture on the left is the connector side view... other folks seem to have different color wires.

Could I have unplugged something else and lost the speaker wire?????? I've taken some video behind the dash looking for a loose wire and can't find one.

connector.png

No to veer off topic, but what's an emergency speaker?
In researching this on other threads, the speaker you disconnect under the glove box is the "emergency speaker". It connects directly to the MCU and provides audio beeps (and other noises), if the normal audio system is not working or turned off. It's not a normally used speaker.

Reactions: HellsKitchen
Upvote 0
Update: I ended up opening a service ticket with Tesla due to the A/C problems and asked for the code details causing the ""cabin climate control system requires service" message. They said it was the passenger side air-duct temp sensor.

I laid down on the passenger seat with my head under the glove back and took a good look... and found the connector! (see picture). Plugged the "mystery connector" in and the message went away! Then found the emergency speaker connector far forward. No idea how the thermister got unplugged.. probably wasn't seated properly during install.

So, all is well... updating for the archives!
tesla_sensor_connector.jpg

Upvote 0