Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

can't remove charge cable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only way I can remove the charging cable is to push the unlock icon on my phone? This happens even when I am in the car. (I'm a new owner only 3 days) so it is probably something I have missed.
If the car is asleep I usually just push on the door handle enough to move the lever but not open the door and the car wakes up quick to allow you to remove the charge cable.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Mine is always locked. I have to press the release button on the plug to release and remove. The button only seems to unlock it for about 5 seconds ...

Car must be awake to respond to the release button, I often slightly press the rear door handle, listen to the wake up clicks, wait about 5 seconds and press the release

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GSP
This morning I spent stuck at a supercharger unable to unplug my charger cable. I probably don’t need to tell you that I was on hold waiting for Tesla help for 23 minutes. I tried everything. Finally I followed directions. I opened the trunk, found this little flap of carpet right behind charger port. Lifted the tab and found the charger port guts. Inside on the left was a black lever. I gently pulled the lever and voila! Charger wand released! Yay! Hope this works for you. Otherwise pull out your knitting, knit a sweater or try reading War and Peace while you’re on hold. Btw it took me forever to find the service number. 877-798-3752

This morning I spent stuck at a supercharger unable to unplug my charger cable. I probably don’t need to tell you that I was on hold waiting for Tesla help for 23 minutes. I tried everything. Finally I followed directions. I opened the trunk, found this little flap of carpet right behind charger port. Lifted the tab and found the charger port guts. Inside on the left was a black lever. I gently pulled the lever and voila! Charger wand released! Yay! Hope this works for you. Otherwise pull out your knitting, knit a sweater or try reading War and Peace while you’re on hold. Btw it took me forever to find the service number. 877-798-3752
The service number should be on every supercharger pedestal. But we all just have it in our phones.