Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Cant] Request Service for Powerwall [in the app]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to change my Solar MicroInverter control frequency to 62.5Hz to fix my UPS issue. I have the latest Telsa App (4.4.4). but I don't have a Request Service option. I resolved my issue by calling the service, but it would be easier if I could just raise the ticket from the app. If I go to Visit Support, it takes me support web pages.

In the same app, my car has the service option in the first page.

Attachments

• IMG_1963.PNG
    IMG_1963.PNG
    141.1 KB · Views: 3,361
Some people have that and some dont for some reason. In any case, you would not have wanted to request that frequency change in the app anyway, since it appears to me that app requests go into a bucket somewhere for someone to create proper support requests out of them "when they get time".

An example of this is, I requested in the app to get a copy of the PDF of my install documents. It took someone at tesla almost 2 months to send it to me, and when they did, they just said "sorry for the delay".

Anything put in the app is going to be put on the back burner, so I wouldnt suggest it. Note that I dont know this for a fact, I just know how IT support organizations work since I perform that function myself. "Web tickets" usually get processed by a few people to get them routed to the correct area.

If an organization has an interface for chat tickets, thats almost always better than a "web ticket" as far as turn around time, but the issue there is you will almost never have that chat agents undivided attention. They are probably working on multiple chat contacts at once, so will not be devoting "full attention" to anyone.

Phone support always means that you have that persons attention, and they are at best finishing up the notes etc for their last call, while talking to you, or just talking to you.

TL ; DR - Web is more convenient but will almost always be slower to get something resolved, sometimes significantly so. Chat next (as far as slower speed), and calling makes someone enter a ticket while you are talking to them (in almost all cases) so you get a head start on ticket routing.

I wanted to change my Solar MicroInverter control frequency to 62.5Hz to fix my UPS issue. I have the latest Telsa App (4.4.4). but I don't have a Request Service option. I resolved my issue by calling the service, but it would be easier if I could just raise the ticket from the app. If I go to Visit Support, it takes me support web pages.

In the same app, my car has the service option in the first page.

Do you have PTO yet? I called the service line to check on something and the Tesla rep told me that they couldn't lodge a ticket before PTO and transferred me to a Project Advisor who handled my issue instead. I don't have service in my app either but was assuming, like with the call center experience, it would all clear up after PTO.

I already had PTO since I got my solar panels installed before Powerwall. Tesla didn’t like my roof so they refused to install the panels, I went with a local installer.
I have been using my Powerwall since May. The local inspection was done at the time. I wonder if I have PTO. My account does not show all completed.