Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't roll windows down or open sunroof on key fob or app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get Remote S program, hit "turn max cool on" four or five minutes before you expect to get in your car. Even my black Model S with Pano roof is cool when I step in--and this is in Houston's brutally hot summer. Far better than opening windows and sunroof, which was what my Lexus did to cool off.
Note that with the official Tesla app, you can also start the A/C remotely before you get to the car. However as mentioned by others the Tesla app will only vent the pano roof. But the third-party Remote S app will let you fully control the pano roof as well as control the A/C. Neither app will open the windows remotely. Remote S works also with Apple Watch which I find handy too.

I'm sure I'm missing something, why would you want to do that?
I find it handy especially if you forget to pre-cool the car before arriving after your car has been sitting in the sun. It quickly exhausts the hot air from the car before you open the doors to sit in. My ICE car has this and I found I use it more than I thought I would. I still prefer the Tesla app and pre-cooling (or heating) but the window trick is handy at times too.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
if you forget to pre-cool the car before arriving after your car has been sitting in the sun

Got it, thanks. Version 8 will have ESP, so no longer any chance that you could arrive at your car without Climate having already adjusted to the temperature that you have not yet realised that you wanted :D

There always seems to be a Cause and Effect to each iteration of new technology. Have to un-learn a trick that has been standing one in good stead, and learn a new replacement "as I get up to leave" behaviour instead.

Dunno if it would help much (or even if it works, I have "configured it" but not thought to "check it" as yet) but I have geo-fenced the local supermarket carpark and set Climate to stay on for 30 minutes when I stop there (using TeslaLog IIRC)