TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can't set up service visit

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by BitchinCamaro, Dec 31, 2019.

1. BitchinCamaro

BitchinCamaro Member

Took possession of my M3 on Sunday as a home delivery. I didn't want to take up the busy tech's time by going over every minute detail, so once I determined there were no major issues (and there still aren't any) I signed the paperwork and he was on his way.
    Later that evening after brushing the dust off I noticed two blemishes on the top rear glass. One looks like a manufacturing defect while the other looks like a scratch done sometime after assembly. I tried quite a few times to schedule a service visit through the app, but always ended with the error "failed creating appointment" once I confirmed all the details. I got into a chat session yesterday evening and after trying a few things she said it was a known issue and I should call the support number which doesn't give any options for setting up a visit (it specifically states you can only use the app). After once again trying unsuccessfully this morning, I'll be driving to my local SC and walking in to get someone to at least acknowledge that I've got a manufacturing issue that needs to be resolved.
    It's frustrating that there are no available backup options for when the app doesn't work.
    Anyone else having this issue?

2. BitchinCamaro

BitchinCamaro Member

UPDATE: I went to the local SC and explained the situation. They determined that my ownership paperwork wasn't quite completed yet which is why I couldn't schedule the visit, then they went ahead and fixed the issue right then and there within 5 minutes even though they were busy with other cars and trying to get the last batch of new cars to owners by the end of the day.
    While the app snafu was a little frustrating, they made it right and got me back on the road very quickly.