Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't sign into YouTube Account, none of the tricks work.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had this issue before and ws able to fix it in the past but have not been able to now.

Tried plex browser trick and disabled 2 step verification on my Google account and enable less secure apps.

Still get an error saying browser is insecure.

Any ideas?

reboot the car? When I was finally able to sign into Youtube the browser version changed after reboot. I know the browser changed because cap lock changed from two state to three state.

I was able to log into Plex but that didn't fix goggle. I signed into google, the MCU spontaneously rebooted, and then allowed me to log into google. I was on my home network. Google and/or Tesla likely look at IP address.

I got mine working but a mild PIA and I can't remember the steps, I think I logged into plex and told it to use my google account, then plex saw my plex account and asked to link the two, then YT worked (if I remember correctly that is). Either way, all that is being accomplished is to save an OAUTH token AFIAK.

The browser (which actually advertises itself as safari and/or chromium) is very bare bones, hence the issue in general.

Mozilla/5.0+(X11;+GNU/Linux)+AppleWebKit/537.36+(KHTML,+like+Gecko)+Chromium/79.0.3945.130+Chrome/79.0.3945.130+Safari/537.36+Tesla/2020.36.11-ccacdb181f16

I found ^that while programming a custom Tesla Garage Door opener function on my web server, which is now a browser favorite in my Tesla browser:

cHbyYUG.png

Reactions: LionXng