TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can't sign into YouTube - Plex fix not working

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Dinsdale, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Member

Took my Model 3 delivery last week. Very happy but now I'm starting to work out the small niggles.

I can't sign into YouTube. It tells me the browser isn't supported. Weird, but after doing a bit research it's a common problem.

The workaround is to sign into Plex. I can't do that, as when I choose "Sign in with Google" I just get it spinning. This is the same on LTE or my WiFi.

Anyone have any tips to get round this?

2. westernvine

westernvine Member

Watching this thread to see what you learn... I've hit the same and cannot use YouTube any longer.

3. WolfHero

WolfHero Member

I believe this is because the built in Chrome browser Tesla use is out of date. You will get the same error when you try to sign in with the built-in browser. You just got to wait or nag Tesla to include updated Chrome in future firmware updates.

• Informative x 3
  4. john94si

john94si Member

Crap.. sub'ed

5. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Member

Ok, if waiting is the answer then so be if. Thanks for the replies.

6. SigNC

SigNC Active Member

i signed into gmail via the browser it just kinda hung and timed out but when i went back to youtube i was signed in.

7. ehacke

ehacke Member

Yeah me too. I tried all kinds of different options and combinations and nothing works.

8. Resist

Resist Member

I can get the browser to work just fine, but noticed today I can't log into my YouTube account. The Plex work around doesn't work just like others have said.

9. Chewy3

Chewy3 If MacGvyer had a beard

Any fix for this? I got signed out when I got new FSD computer and now the Plex workaround isn't working..

10. BeeGood

BeeGood Member

Have y’all tried Dropbox (instead of plex)? That worked for me.

Basically any site that authenticates through google should work.

11. Wennfred

Wennfred Supporting Member

Make sure you use your Google Log-in in Plex before going to YouTube, works for me.

Fred

12. ehacke

ehacke Member

Has the alternate Google login work for anyone with 2FA?

13. SkitTesl03

SkitTesl03 Member

I've tried the work around with plex.tv and dropbox.com. I get the same browser unsecure message for any third party google login just like with the YouTube app. I have a 2018 with the full self driving HW3 retrofit installed. I also appear to have lost the ability to change fm stations at all now, but that may be a separate issue. Had anyone had any luck yet?

14. Resist

Resist Member

After receiving the latest Tesla software update to my Model 3, I was able to get the Plex workaround to actually work.

15. SkitTesl03

SkitTesl03 Member

I'm currently on 2020.48.30 with no luck.

• Like x 1
  16. offhegoes

offhegoes Member

I'm having the same problem with Hulu. I've tried it on the latest software update and also the previous holiday update.

Keeps telling me user name or password is incorrect. I've tried so many times I lost count. Verified my account info logging into Hulu on a apple tv and through the Hulu website on Safari and Firefox. Not losing sleep over it, but it's interesting for sure.

17. westie10019

westie10019 Member

I have the same You Tube problem with my NEW Model 3. Deliver date 12/30/2019. Does anyone think Tesla has a fix or do we just wait for the Tesla God to visit us?

18. Prof

Prof Member

I have tried rebooting, Plex.tv, other sign ins with my Google account and even using my phone to set Google to allow less secure apps. Nothing has worked with 2020.48.30. The Plex.tv sign in with Google credentials worked with 2020.12.xx. Any help would be appreciated.

• Like x 1
  19. zpacam

zpacam Member

Just wanted to add another data point that I'm having the same issue. Can't sign in, Plex workaround not working. I'm on 2020.48.30

20. Gasaraki

Gasaraki Active Member

I know this doesn't help but mine has continued to work from me doing this bypass 7 months ago. I also have 2FA.

• Informative x 1