Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery (MS 60D) this past Monday. It took 3 days for phone app to work. When I press Summon, my phone reports that it cannot connect to my car, although all other features appear on phone. Any thoughts on how to get Summon to work for the first time?

I took delivery (MS 60D) this past Monday. It took 3 days for phone app to work. When I press Summon, my phone reports that it cannot connect to my car, although all other features appear on phone. Any thoughts on how to get Summon to work for the first time?

Which app are you using on the phone?

Some of the third party apps were broken by Tesla when they went to the continuous press version of the API.

There are a few settings on Summon in the car's center console screen, and how you have them set may affect your ability to Summon as well. What are the settings currently?

One you might want to consider turning off is the aforementioned continuous press - that requires the phone and car to be in constant communication, which might be a problem if either one has a marginal signal.

Were you on a level surface? Our car is also new, just a couple weeks. I can't remember the message I got, but I think it said Summon Failed. I realized the car would summon out of the garage, but not into the garage. Reading the manual, I found that it won't work on a sloped surface. Our garage floor is level, but the drive into it is on a noticeable up slope. Sounds like your message is different, but it could be a factor. Again, I can't recall the actual message. Like you I noticed that all other requests worked. Good luck.

Sometimes, with the release and installation of a new os update, i believe i have seen regressions where settings saved by me appear to revert back to their default settings, e.g. autosteer or summon needs to be re-enabled. Could this possibly be what you are experiencing?

Check the settings from inside the car to see if that is indeed the case.

Use the fob. Hold roof button until lights flash. Press frunk or trunk to move press again to stop the car.