Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't teach old dog's new trick....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I have been watching the media, news, and truckers. These old timer are just dogging on the Tesla Truck.... all of their concern I think is invalid and don't have any leg to stand on. here are some major concern.

1. The electric grid can't handle more charging.( Tesla Mega charger will be power by Solar, and battery pack, most of the time it might not even need to touch the grid.)

2. 500 range that is not enough is I go on longer runs.( then stop somewhere take break and add 400 miles in 30 mins.)

3. Tesla won't get the politician to agreed to build these next work.( last time I check the current SC network is up and running, and that was of no help from any of them.

4. Tesla will be bankrupt in 2019.... or soon, they are loosing money... ( they are not losing money, they are investing in their infrastructure... do you see GM or any other company rolling out SC station across the US for their Bolt driver?? sure everyone is making EV cars in 2020 but has any of them show how you can charge when you travel? it's call investing to expand your company...

I can go on and on about how these people are so old timer thinker... When you tell them 500 they think it can't be added.. My X is only 200 miles range, I have been driven 3600 round trip with ease... I wouldn't event hesitate to drive to Cali From Maine.. stop and charge>>>>> duh.. If anything Tesla mega charger location will help stabilized the grid.. while proving clean energy... Sorry for the ranting I just hate seeing people that can't change and are so used to the old way of doing things.

• Disagree
Reactions: Eclectic and EinSV
You're correct in all your points. Those are the positives for Tesla. The negatives, which will hurt the company are:

[1] quality and reliability,
[2] service centers getting backed up due to lack of personnel and also because the company dumps cars on the market that are not thoroughly checked, depending on SC to take care of the issues
[3] longer lines at supercharger stations.
[4] lack of communication with customers

• Disagree
Reactions: EinSV
You're correct in all your points. Those are the positives for Tesla. The negatives, which will hurt the company are:

[1] quality and reliability,
[2] service centers getting backed up due to lack of personnel and also because the company dumps cars on the market that are not thoroughly checked, depending on SC to take care of the issues
[3] longer lines at supercharger stations.
[4] lack of communication with customers

I doubt #3, in particular, applies. Leaving aside the fact that there’s no way in hell for a semi to fit in those stalls(and the cables are so short, I had to repark a lot of the time when I first got my S to get them to reach) and that the plug appears to be different, what trucker is going to stop to charge for ~10 hours rather than just stopping at a mega charger?

I doubt #3, in particular, applies. Leaving aside the fact that there’s no way in hell for a semi to fit in those stalls(and the cables are so short, I had to repark a lot of the time when I first got my S to get them to reach) and that the plug appears to be different, what trucker is going to stop to charge for ~10 hours rather than just stopping at a mega charger?

I was thinking more of the Model 3.

You’re wrong on 1, we’ll not wrong but not right either.

A mega charger powered by solar... where did i hear this one? Oh right, the superchargers were supposed to be solar powered, or at least most of them. And how did that turn out?
My guess is tesl will partner with truck stops to build out their network, and there’s no much room for solar at those places
So to say that most of the electricity will come from solarvis a bit premature considering teslas track record in that regard

You second point is valid

Don’t have a clue what you’re trying to say on the third one.

4th one is also valid, I don’t see tesla going out of business