Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't tune my radio after 2019.16.1.1 firmware update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2015 Model S. After downloading the 2019.16.1.1 firmware update a couple of days ago, I've discovered that I can't: 1) access the SXM channel menu; and 2) I can't manually tune in AM or FM radio stations. Has anyone else encountered this problem? For a couple of days I was just listening to my pre-programmed favorites (the radio still plays fine), and it wasn't until I was trying to search for new stations that I discovered the problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Scubadude
I have a 2015 Model S. After downloading the 2019.16.1.1 firmware update a couple of days ago, I've discovered that I can't: 1) access the SXM channel menu; and 2) I can't manually tune in AM or FM radio stations. Has anyone else encountered this problem? For a couple of days I was just listening to my pre-programmed favorites (the radio still plays fine), and it wasn't until I was trying to search for new stations that I discovered the problem.

My S received 2019.16.1.2 Monday night. I just tried tuning AM and PM and it worked. So maybe if there was a problem with 2019.16.1.1 it was fixed with 2019.16.1.2.

Having the same issue with my '15 P85DL. Thought maybe the 2019.16.2 update that installed yesterday would fix it, but nope. Have a tech coming in the AM tomorrow to look at an unrelated issue, hoping he may have a solution. Will report back if he does.

Is there anyone out there that still has this stupid issue? I've had Tesla send numerous software updates to my car, and I still can't tune my radio. Would love to hear if someone has found a fix for this problem. Thanks. BTW Currently at 2019.20.4.3