Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cape Canaveral, Cocoa beach and Space X lodging/dining

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jbcarioca

Although slightly off-topic I have noticed that there is not a great deal of directly useful information about options in this area for Teslaphiles. Thus, I have made this thread. Hopefully better-informed people about the area will add insight.

One excellent dining choice is in Cocoa Beach and seems to be an unlikely spot but is exceptional:

Jazzy's Mainely Lobster

The ambience is decidedly casual and deceptively so. They do have fresh oysters of a couple varieties and also fresh lobster. These are consistently outstanding. Unexpectedly they have really superb french fries and cole slaw. Another future advantage is that they are seeking Destination chargers since they have quite a few Tesla-driving SpaceX fans who dine with them. If you have designated driver they also have a good selection of draft beers.

There is already a list of Florida Hotels with Destination Chargers and PlugShare shows quite a few places with Level 1that can be useful for a few electrons overnight. This area has rapidly growing charging options so anybody planning a visit really should stay up to date. Anybody staying in Cape Canaveral can find several (six at the moment) J1772's at City Hall and a couple of others at the public library. Those are both free and at easy walking distance from restaurnats and the beach, thus good views.

There are two Select Registry places within 45 minutes or so that have Destination chargers and fairly good access to viewing areas for those who want to watch a launch from a longer distance. My personal preference is to find any place near beach access in Cape Canaveral. For launch watching most hotels in Cape Canaveral are near the beaches but all of them seem to be very expensive in season and on/near planned launch days.

Airb&b has several condominiums on the beach, several with veranda views excellent for launches. Based on past experience one normally must stay a few days when launches are planned. In my personal view these are well worth the pain, since the worst outcome is that you're staying on an excellent beach that normally is not very crowded.

I am sure other people have better insight than do I.