Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Caps win the Stanley Cup! Visiting DC for the parade

techmaven

Feb 27, 2013
I am driving up Tuesday in my Model 3 for the Caps parade event. I haven’t tried any of the J1772’s in the parking garages that ring the National Mall. Anyone know when these spots usually fill up in the mornings?

GOPJEW

Jul 5, 2015
Potomac, MD
You’re going to spend $20 parking plus charge cosrts at a charger in DC - valet at the St.Regis hotel next to the White House where there is a Tesla desitnationa charger - charge for free at least.

Springfield is now open apparently - it showed up on my map last night

Reactions: Fiddler
Oct 12, 2016
MD
The parking options that do have charging are usually all used or iced too - I'd go with the National Harbor tank up idea.

AMPUP

Mar 27, 2014
Dunn Loring, VA
Take the Metro, thats what you should do and what I and others will do,, Drive to either a Md Metro or a VA metro (Park up) and take the metro in. Dunn Loring/Merrifield has good parking as does Vienna if you are close to the Virginia side and its a fairly easy ride in from there.

Reactions: techmaven

crashvt

Oct 18, 2017
Northern Virginia
You’re going to spend $20 parking plus charge cosrts at a charger in DC - valet at the St.Regis hotel next to the White House where there is a Tesla desitnationa charger - charge for free at least.

Springfield is now open apparently - it showed up on my map last night

I don't think Springfield is open yet. Close, but not yet.

AMPUP

Mar 27, 2014
Dunn Loring, VA
Not just hard to park, it’s hell on a normal commute let alone the tolls... There are superchargers on the way out of DC in each direction, so charge on your way out (or in) park up and metro...

Reactions: Fiddler

techmaven

Feb 27, 2013
Well, I parked near the Residence Inn with early bird special for $16. Was a few blocks south of the National Mall. Picked up 27 kWh from an EVSE there for free. Didn’t need to hit up a Supercharger at all. So it worked out well. Thanks all for your input.

Had a blast at the parade, didn’t attend the rally. Did pick up lots of swag. Amazed at how reasonable some of the prices were from street vendors.

Reactions: CatB

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC