Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Caps win the Stanley Cup! Visiting DC for the parade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

techmaven

Feb 27, 2013
I am driving up Tuesday in my Model 3 for the Caps parade event. I haven’t tried any of the J1772’s in the parking garages that ring the National Mall. Anyone know when these spots usually fill up in the mornings?

You’re going to spend $20 parking plus charge cosrts at a charger in DC - valet at the St.Regis hotel next to the White House where there is a Tesla desitnationa charger - charge for free at least.

Springfield is now open apparently - it showed up on my map last night

Reactions: Fiddler
Take the Metro, thats what you should do and what I and others will do,, Drive to either a Md Metro or a VA metro (Park up) and take the metro in. Dunn Loring/Merrifield has good parking as does Vienna if you are close to the Virginia side and its a fairly easy ride in from there.

Reactions: techmaven
Well, I parked near the Residence Inn with early bird special for $16. Was a few blocks south of the National Mall. Picked up 27 kWh from an EVSE there for free. Didn’t need to hit up a Supercharger at all. So it worked out well. Thanks all for your input.

Had a blast at the parade, didn’t attend the rally. Did pick up lots of swag. Amazed at how reasonable some of the prices were from street vendors.

Reactions: CatB