Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car accident and now I can't open doors to the car? any ideas?

My wife got into an accident today and front end was smashed in. I went by wrecking yard and door handles are out but there is no power to open the doors. I called Tesla and they said to hook up a jumper to the front end- problem is there is not much left as the bumper is smashed into car and cant access anything. Im guessing the 12v got removed. I cant get into vehicle to get my stuff out... any ideas how to open doors manually?

Ardie

Oct 4, 2009
At least it works both ways. Your car is secure.
I recall many years ago when my car was totaled and dragged to a wrecking yard.
I got to it the following morning, and anything and everything of value (sunglasses, flashlight, umbrella, the parking meter spare change) had already vanished.

-- Ardie
Even the maps were gone!

yeah she is doing fine... The nose cone cover is off but the wires and cables are all broken and separated. I am guessing some wire connected to battery is gone. I also found out Texas has a law that I can't take car seat after an accident, so that stays with the car..... pretty crazy but they consider it damaged now.

yeah she is doing fine... The nose cone cover is off but the wires and cables are all broken and separated. I am guessing some wire connected to battery is gone. I also found out Texas has a law that I can't take car seat after an accident, so that stays with the car..... pretty crazy but they consider it damaged now.

That makes more sense to me than car seats "expiring".

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC