Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Accident, Insurance with Daschcam Footage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! A bit of an interesting situation, I was backing out of a parking space and then noticed another car started to back out after me. I stopped pulling out as I clearly noticed this man was not looking while pulling out of his space. He then proceeds to reverse into the side of my car. The dashcam footage shows that I stopped moving for a few seconds before he proceeds to back directly into my car. Has anyone had experience with how his insurance will resolve this as my car was not moving at the time of collision and the dashcam footage shows that. Also should I also file a diminished value claim with his insurance if this comes to a point where it will show up as an accident on a carfax report? All advice is welcomed!

Thank you!

Hello @theturtles I'm in California and in a similar situation. A truck rear-ended my parked model 3 and sped away.
But, camera captured the nameplate and the cops tracked him down and eventually got his insurance details to me.

In your case, did you file a diminished value claim with his insurance ? How did it go ? Did you use a third party to file this claim ?