Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

car ad models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Refer to post: Kudos to TESLA- the Model X Copycats are on

See the photos attached to post.

Something interesting about Tesla.

No WOMEN!

Now, let me make one fact known ... I am a RED BLOODED male. LOVE women. Race cars. (Not really.) But I do have weekends off. (ala Dudley Moore.)

Why do all these auto shows have, and I use the term loosely, WOMEN, parading around these hunks of steel?

I have always found these [choose your noun] distractions.

When you've done it right (built the car) you shouldn't need SEX to sell it. Tesla doesn't!

How do women feel when these "props" are used to embellish their cars?

Arthur, out. Where the h3ll's my drink?

I think the implication is supposed to be that "these are the women you will attract if you buy this car..."

In my life, I've learned that as a general rule, women don't care much about cars. And any one that would want you for the car you drive, you wouldn't want.

In 2012, that's:

a) Chauvinistic.
b) Unrealistic.
c) Narrow-minded.

So yes, it is all of these things.

But I still love looking at beautiful women. I'm supposed to, I was programmed that way. And as long as that fact remains true for men of the world, and as long as women continue to offer such service, then women will be used to advertise products aimed at men. Hell, they use women to advertise to women too. Men's magazines have women on the covers, and women's magazines do too.

Women are the best.

Usually I avoid topics like this, but...

Is she scratching that Model S prototype with her high-heel?:
Tesla Model S in NYC: Party like its zero-emissions night
tesla-nyc-party-05-580b.jpg

Thankfully, Telsa has avoided this sort of "trashy" marketing angle.
Unlike Fisker:
Check Out These Ridiculously Oversexed Photos Fisker Is Using To Sell Its Electric Car - Business Insider
fisker-karma.jpg

Tesla stayed out of the "Pump rebels" calendar too:
Pump Rebels Pump Rebels 2012 Fuel Efficient Car Calendar

By the way, I would guess that the percentage of women buying Model S (compared to men) is a lot higher than it was with Roadster.

Model S seems to have general appeal, and isn't viewed as just a "guy's car".

Last edited:
Are there really men who want women who are attracted to their car? If so ... good fit!
Hey, if I could find a woman who's attracted to me, I no longer care WHY she's attracted to me. I'd rather she like me for me. But if she likes me because of the brand of toothpaste I use, or because I look like her cat, or because I wear glasses, or because of my car, or my house, or the brand of shoes I wear, I'll take what I can get. Beggars can't be choosers.

Actually, my car says something significant about me: It says that I'm willing to spend a lot of money to avoid burning gasoline. I'd like a woman who appreciates that and considers it important. Sadly, no car in the world is likely to overcome my pathetic social incompetence when it comes to relationships.

More than a few men have said to me, that roadster is sexy, is it a chick magnet? Or something similar.

I reply... Actually it's more of a dick magnet.

So many times I have come to it in a parking lot with men starring at the roadster wanting to talk about it. Never have I had some hot babe in a skirt wanting to talk to me about my car:tongue: