Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

car ad models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do get some women very interested in the Roadster; but yeah, they are way outnumbered by males. I get more women interested in the RAV4.

The most glaring example was two years ago, when I drove the Roadster to an event on a college campus in Wenatchee, WA. There were already some NEVs and conversions there, and a couple of people milling about. But as I drove on to the lawn, I was surrounded by college students before I even got out of the car. As I got out, plugged in, and cleaned it, about 25 of them pelted me with questions. After several minutes, there was a brief silence, and then one young man blurted out,

"What is it like driving a chick magnet all the time?"

I looked around, gestured at the snickering all-male audience, and said,

"I wish it was great, but as you can see, it doesn't work."

At least it makes me glad I didn't waste money on a sports car before I got married.

Long ago someone in a video interview asked Elon about the car being a chick magnet and he said something about walking out with a woman.

If you went to a party and the woman chose by the cars in the parking lot, The Tesla would do well with the non goldiggers.

So many times I have come to it in a parking lot with men starring at the roadster wanting to talk about it. Never have I had some hot babe in a skirt wanting to talk to me about my car:tongue:
Same here! I wish the car was a chick magnet, but I bought it because I wanted a freeway-capable long-range electric car to replace the slow-speed limited-range Zap Xebra.

There were certainly some girls mingling with the crowd at the London launch party who looked like they were hired in for the occasion...

I once saw an advert in the local paper asking for models to work an event at the Tesla store.
Yes, it was mingle with the crowd. But it wasn't a Tesla run event, rather it was one of the HiGear exotic car rental events being held at the store.
HiGear Event at Tesla Showroom | Payroll Hero Blog
Exclusive HiGear Car Owners only event at Tesla
HiGear Sports Luxury Car Club - SOMA - San Francisco, CA
San Francisco : Full-Day Tesla Roadster Rental or Luxury-Car Rental from HiGear [Groupon] - Slickdeals.net
High-End Car-Sharing Service HiGear Expanding To L.A. | TechCrunch
highgear.jpg

Last edited:
I once saw an advert in the local paper asking for models to work an event at the Tesla store.

Just the name of the new car "Model S" sometimes gets mixed up with "models"...
models-google.jpg

Come see the models with the ModelS...

- - - Updated - - -

One review of the Roadster mention the only women interested would have armpit hair (and some other "green" implication)

Maximum Bob himself...