Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car alarm during update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I won’t update past 32.11 because of the introduction of software bugs. I am particularly concerned about the following:

1. Sentry Mode errors
2. Smart Summon camera errors
3. Alarm bugs
4. Death of the MCU 1 web browser

The only issue I currently have with the first iteration of version 10 is

1. Voice Control no longer completes “play” commands.

Have any of the later V10 variations fixed this and is the web browser functioning for basic sites as before on V9?

I mean they still have not addressed the punctuation of Spotify. Completing these software downloads is starting to become risky and some protection is needed.

AP1 here and our alarm also went off with this latest update.

I got to bed late last night and I noticed the wife had scheduled her car to update at 5:00am. After reading posts like in this thread I decided this was a bad idea as that would mean the alarm would go off before 6:00am which is about what time we normally wake up during the week. This was my one opportunity to sleep in so I wasn't going to take a chance.

Of note, I had to go out to the car and manually cancel the scheduled firmware update (this should be possible from the app for a # of reasons when the result is a car that can't be driven for nearly an hour) but I'm sure glad I did. Tesla REALLY needs to add an option to the software update screen to manage update schedules and cancel it. Imagine not being able to get to your car's physical location before the update starts and having an emergency in which you need your car. Seems like a simple addition to the app could prevent potential disaster for someone. I digress.

Sitting around the house this afternoon I got a calendar reminder to update the firmware on that car. Activated the update and went on about my business. Then, some time later, her car is honking in the garage. My wife just looks at me and says "I'm sure glad you canceled that 5:00am update now"

Nice QC For such a "technology forward" company. They sure look like a clown show most of the time.

Tesla, for crying out loud, get your bleep together!

Reactions: appleguru
No alarm during the latest update (I don't believe I have the alarm enabled) but I did go near the car when it was doing the update and it was making all sorts of clicks and pops almost like the charge port kept locking and unlocking and the interior lights were flickering.

Really interesting behavior. I wonder what the car is actually doing during the updates.

Alarm just went off 80% into the update on my AP1 70D. Unlocked the car and the IC said “software update required, please contact Tesla”. But about 5 mins later it rebooted itself and notified that it completed the update...

Updated my 2018 Model 3 to the same version about 2 hours earlier today and no issues to report.

Just updated again.

Car alarm went off at 80% as expected.

This will really piss everyone in my house off if it keeps doing it every update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191014-190509-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20191014-190509-01.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 63
Anyone else have their car alarm go off during a SW update? MS 75D AP2

2019.32.12.1 and 2019.32.12.2 both caused my car alarm to go off near the end of the update. This one happened at 1:20AM... poor neighbors :-/

Clearly their QA needs some extra steps...

Just updated my 2016 S90D (AP1) and got the same alarm fault. About 80-90% into the update, then got a dash alert saying I need to contact Tesla service for the software update. Glad I didn't wait for the usual overnight update.

Mine just went off too at about 80% thru the update to 2019.32.12.2. I unlocked and relocked from the app to stop it from honking. Car is in garage and not plugged in.

MCU rebooted earlier this evening on its own shortly after I switched map views from street to earth view. While using a Spotify, which has not been perfect so far.

We’ll see.

2016 85D