Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car alarm sounding when i open door at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This just happened for the first time. I went out to plug in the car as I forgot to the night before. The car has "keep unlocked at home" enabled and the key was not inside. I opened the door to start the charging via the touchscreen and the alarm went off. It freaked me out and I'm sure my neighbors didn't want to hear the alarm at 5am in the morning! I ran back into the house to grab my phone and locked/unlocked via the Tesla app to reset.

Indeed, I had used summon to move the car forward a bit earlier in the afternoon.

So the problem still exists, I suppose?

2015 Model S sw version 10.2 (2020.48.37.8)

Yup it still happens for me. If i walk up with the key and let the handle auto present and open at home. Alarm goes off

I have to manually unlock by pushing the key fob twice and alarm won't go off

pretty much the only way I seen avoiding this happen after summoning my car into my garage is to open/close the door after it stops parking. then it seems to not go off the next time I try to enter my vehicle the next day or later on. Something about that process seems to make the car think ok I can disable the alarm since it's been accessed within some cool off period of time. It seems counter productive to have to go open the door when it parks itself just to keep it from freaking out the next time you enter it but its better than having to randomly hear your horn blaring.

• Informative
Reactions: Ohmster