Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car already has PPF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really, really strange, but I'd not complain.

There has to be a story here . . . I'd wonder what it was. Fifteen miles is a possible returned car, but so very unlikely given the circumstances. Odd.

If you ever decide you don't like it, pull it off, marvel at the beautiful, undamaged paint, then cover with a better, non-precut PPF:)

Really, really strange, but I'd not complain.

There has to be a story here . . . I'd wonder what it was. Fifteen miles is a possible returned car, but so very unlikely given the circumstances. Odd.

If you ever decide you don't like it, pull it off, marvel at the beautiful, undamaged paint, then cover with a better, non-precut PPF:)

I’m still not convinced it’s PPF. Any way i can safely test that?

I would have service do it.

With the way these cars are painted, who knows what could happen when you peel it off.
I don't see much of an issue with the paint. Photos show my S with 130K miles and lives outside.
IMG_1758.jpg
IMG_1760.jpg IMG_1762.jpg

Reactions: Reborn
So you’re saying because your car is okay, Tesla doesn’t have widely known paint issues? Especially on newly delivered Y’s?
It's not just my car, it's also the cars in the local Tesla Owners club. I don't doubt there are a few with problems (just like any other brand of car), but it's not the majority. Also I just got a new X. No paint issues there either.

I don't see much of an issue with the paint. Photos show my S with 130K miles and lives outside. View attachment 579687View attachment 579688 View attachment 579689
very happy for you. Last year my brand new Model 3 was repainted over 33% per due bill at delivery. Rear bumper, rear hatch, left A -pillar and both painted sides of roof support. Thought I caught everything. two weeks later after washing car and the sun was setting i observed two quarter coin sized sanding correction swirls in the paint on passenger door. too late for that one. tesla paint from Fremont is mediocre at best.

Alex on Autos reviews a lot of cars and owns a Model 3

I was watching this review of the Polestar 2 and he spends a minute talking about the poor paint quality of Tesla.

some owners don’t have a discerning eye to realize their car has the poorest overall paint quality in the industry.

perhaps ignorance is bliss

I was watching this review of the Polestar 2 and he spends a minute talking about the poor paint quality of Tesla.

some owners don’t have a discerning eye to realize their car has the poorest overall paint quality in the industry.

long video so if you want to hear the Model 3 criticism part go to 27:03

Reactions: raggedy

Not to finish what Alex is saying - just clarifying his situation... he owned a Standard Range Plus Model 3 for a brief period of time. He sold it quite some time ago.