TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Car and driver autopilot review

Discussion in 'News' started by Runarbt, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Thanks, from the article the Tesla Model S P85D is the clear winner! Autopilot will only get better too I think.

2. Ed Hart

Ed Hart Member

The Car & Driver review is a good summary of "where we are" and points to the continuing improvements that over-the-air updates and "living maps" will bring.

3. jimmy_d

jimmy_d Member

I was a bit unhappy with that article. I think it gives a poor impression of the utility of the autodrive features. Also - Tesla won, but not by as much as it probably should have. There are no details on the interventions so, if the Tesla was only failing in the urban setting, where it's not supposed to work anyway, then the test is grossly exaggerating the failure rate. A friend of mine pointed out that the Tesla was averaging a fail every two miles in that test. In my use I get a fail every 200 or 400 miles and they are always easy to see coming. Also they called out the Tesla option price at over $4k. What's with that? They can't even get little things like the price right?