TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Car and Driver: Electric Highway Project Charging Up Sales, If Not Cars

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by hidbigo, Jul 11, 2016.

1. hidbigo

hidbigo Member

2. glenhurst

glenhurst Member

The claim that CCS is overtaking CHAdeMO is unsubstantiated, and sloppy journalism. I don't care whether CCS does or does not overtake CCS, but the article cites no data to backup the claim. Considering that CHAdeMO has about a five year headstart beginning when Nissan brought out the Leaf and began subsidizing many of the CHAdeMO chargers, and that most CCS chargers are CCS/CHAdeMO combos--so far there are few CCS-only chargers--and that CCS is being pushed by the car companies that seem the least interested in trying to do anything to help EVs succeed, I don't see the number of CCS chargers getting even close to the number of CHAdeMO chargers any time soon. Again, if it happens, I'm fine with it; I don't have a stake in either outcome. But the claim left a bad taste in my mouth and makes me think the author doesn't really know what he's writing about.