Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car and Driver: Electric Highway Project Charging Up Sales, If Not Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting article on the Car and Driver web site regarding the West Coast Electric Highway. One thing I didn't realize is that CCS could overtake CHAdeMO.

Electric Highway Project Charging Up Sales, If Not Cars

The claim that CCS is overtaking CHAdeMO is unsubstantiated, and sloppy journalism. I don't care whether CCS does or does not overtake CCS, but the article cites no data to backup the claim. Considering that CHAdeMO has about a five year headstart beginning when Nissan brought out the Leaf and began subsidizing many of the CHAdeMO chargers, and that most CCS chargers are CCS/CHAdeMO combos--so far there are few CCS-only chargers--and that CCS is being pushed by the car companies that seem the least interested in trying to do anything to help EVs succeed, I don't see the number of CCS chargers getting even close to the number of CHAdeMO chargers any time soon. Again, if it happens, I'm fine with it; I don't have a stake in either outcome. But the claim left a bad taste in my mouth and makes me think the author doesn't really know what he's writing about.