Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car And Driver got themselves a P85D for long term testing (plans 40k miles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot wait to see how their habitual abuse of long term cars will affect the P85D. The cold winter and lousy roads ought to be interesting too.

What a bunch of slackers

I put 2600+ miles on my 70D within a month.

meh, you got a long way to go grasshopper.
17,000 (&1) in 6 months.
image.jpg

That Car and Driver article reports a 0-60mph time of 3.3s but a slower 5-60mph rolling start time of 4.1s.

Anyone understand why that would be the case? I believe that it's fairly common for ICE vehicles to have a slower 5-60mph rolling start time (for the standing 0-60mph run they can spin up the engine and launch at higher revs). But why would the P85D have a slower 5-60mph rolling start time than 0-60mph time?

That Car and Driver article reports a 0-60mph time of 3.3s but a slower 5-60mph rolling start time of 4.1s.

Anyone understand why that would be the case? I believe that it's fairly common for ICE vehicles to have a slower 5-60mph rolling start time (for the standing 0-60mph run they can spin up the engine and launch at higher revs). But why would the P85D have a slower 5-60mph rolling start time than 0-60mph time?

Must be a mistake? 5-60 is a great comparison for real-life day-to-day driving.

The battery wasn't at a high SOC, The battery/motor temperature was high, etc.

What is the white headlight symbol with the A in it? Do the new cars have automatic high beams or something?

BTW - Alternative Hits is my go-to Slacker 'station' too. You have good taste in cars and music DPD!

Thanks and right back at ya!

The high beam feature is nice but there will always be features on the next generation that we'll miss out on (LTE being the latest). Yet unlike any other car on the planet we get new features all the time by software updates.
I'm a happy camper and will still be when my car is considered a "classic" P85D.