Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car at delivery centre but Tesla waiting for a part?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am experiencing this as well! I got the VIN in April and had a delivery date of May 4-8 and the Eatonville Orlando Sales Associate told me on May 1st that "we should be reaching out to you in a few days to schedule delivery" so I went ahead and sold my car to Carmax (they gave me more $) and I accepted a third party loan who would mail a check to me so I would have it in time to hand to Tesla on delivery day. but now my delivery date moves by a day each day. Now I am carless and already started a third party loan and I dont have the car yet and everytime I call them, they say "we dont know when the part is supposed to arrive, we will reach out to you when your car is ready though".

Have you driven to the Service Center in person and inquired for a more accurate status yet?

Hopefully we get our cars by the end of the month, fingers crossed. Super frustrating still.
I almost drove to the service center the other day when I was in town... figured maybe I could at least go see my car and try to remain excited instead of pissed off ;-) This is so poorly handled... customer service just keeps repeating their script. Please post here if you have any progress report on your car!!!! fingers crossed

I almost drove to the service center the other day when I was in town... figured maybe I could at least go see my car and try to remain excited instead of pissed off ;-) This is so poorly handled... customer service just keeps repeating their script. Please post here if you have any progress report on your car!!!! fingers crossed
You rightly said that they keep repeating their script. Basically they are helpless too and keep relaying the same information that they have told to relay to the customers.

I have been to the delivery center a few times already, but, all in vain so far.

Keeping fingers crossed while my patience is running super thin.

I got a text from them on May 30th that my car was ready for pickup in Orlando, the ECU shortage is coming to an end! The car is incredible and was close to flawless, even spite it sat in a holding lot for over a month. Hang in there!

I am still waiting since Apr 26 and still being told MYLR will be ready any day now. They have never indicated why there is a delay and that it will be delivered ASAP. I am 3 hrs from Ottawa so I can not conform if my vehicle is in the lot. What bothers me is I was told in Apr to due everything post haste and they have my plate information paperwork because I am transferring them. Good thing I photocopied it before sending.

Finally....picked up my car today. All checked out good, even with the stormy weather in Miami.

Ryzen / Matrix / CCS / no gaps etc / 96% charged / 9 miles odometer

Happy to get the car and wishing that all waiting buddies get theirs soon.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement in the past months.

The wait begins for the 2nd Tesla now..... M3 RWD MSM.

Reactions: DanDi58