Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Auto-Locks Despite Being Set Not To Do So At Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning everyone

For some reason, my Model 3 seems to be locking itself automatically after some undetermined period of time when I'm at home.

I have Auto-Lock set to exclude 'Home' so it's not clear why it's doing this.

I did purchase Stats for Tesla iOS app and noticed that it has some auto-lock settings in there. I turned all of those off and set its 'exclude auto-lock at home' to my home address as well, just in case that's what was doing it.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Thanks!

Dumb question, but have you gone back into your setting and verified that it's still set not to Auto-Lock at home? That setting has turned itself off on my car a couple times.

Related: I have my phone (Saumsung S10) set to not turn on the lock screen when at my house. This does not work at all. So if a company like Samsung can't figure it out, it wouldn't surprise me if Tesla doesn't work in some locations.

Dumb question, but have you gone back into your setting and verified that it's still set not to Auto-Lock at home? That setting has turned itself off on my car a couple times.

Related: I have my phone (Saumsung S10) set to not turn on the lock screen when at my house. This does not work at all. So if a company like Samsung can't figure it out, it wouldn't surprise me if Tesla doesn't work in some locations.

Good question, I've checked this a couple of times. I think it must have something to do with Stats but haven't had a chance to check them by changing password

This problem has started happening to me, although on a model S. It happened after a recent software update, and though not 100% certain that was the cause, it seems likely or at least highly possible.

I checked if the settings were correct, and they were. I turned auto lock off and on, no difference.

What is the deal with changing passwords? Can that fix something like this? Sounds a little strange to me, but what do I know?

Any help would be much appreciated.

This problem has started happening to me, although on a model S. It happened after a recent software update, and though not 100% certain that was the cause, it seems likely or at least highly possible.

I checked if the settings were correct, and they were. I turned auto lock off and on, no difference.

What is the deal with changing passwords? Can that fix something like this? Sounds a little strange to me, but what do I know?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Some problems can be the result of third party apps and services accessing the car. Changing your password and revoking login tokens ensures that those services are NOT accessing the car. It's useful for troubleshooting.

Reactions: ATPMSD