Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car backed into my parked Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am 350 miles from nearest service center in Dallas, where they use 3rd party body shops. Houston is 600 miles away where they have a Tesla body shop. This is what I understand. I wonder what the insurance company will say about that. Will they pay? (Lady backed into my parked Model S.) I will call on Monday morning.

IF just the bumper - here is an idea.
Call Tesla Service - ask if they can have a "Service Ranger" [is that the right name?] come to your place of work or home and just replace the bumper - what would they charge - may well be cheaper than body shop - avoids a rental car for the insurance company.

anyway, good luck.

My Model S was parked. The lady backed out of her drive and hit the bumper cover, so not my fault, so not my deductible. Nearest service center is 350 miles.

So not sure what your asking ;)..if she accepted liability of course her insurance will pay :p..any body shop can repair a cover ..service centers don’t do that normally a Tesla certified body shop does repairs and hopefully there is one closer to u than service center

My Model S was parked. The lady backed out of her drive and hit the bumper cover, so not my fault, so not my deductible. Nearest service center is 350 miles.
i got one of these Receiver Hitch Step that helps eliminate rear end collision damage | shock absorbing hitch step | Superbumper | Bumper Shield

15168811_10154301276427961_5833917073188188556_o.jpg

Sparebumper.com

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
The first "shin" it got was a Audi Q5.. at least that's what the owner posted on FB..

Reposted:
Jeff, Last week while I was stopped at a traffic light, a new Audi Q5 ran into the back of my Tesla Model X toting your Super Bumper.
The entire grille of the Q5 was consumed by the Super Bumper. But much to my surprise and joy, nothing happened to my Model X. In fact, other than a few scratches, nothing happened to the Super Bumper either.
Perhaps more important than what happened to the Model X or Super Bumper, ‎was that despite the amount of damage to the Q5, I barely felt any significant amount of impact. So the impact absorbing qualities of Super Bumper was a real plus. A small investment that provided more bang (or should I say less bang) for your buck.

Source: Sparebumper.com

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: P85_DA