Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car behind me not showing on screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe this is normal, but I’m noticing that the car behind me is not showing up when they tailgate me. When I’m parked they only show if they are practically on my bumper. The other cars on sides and front show fine.

I noticed when I flip on the camera view for the rear the car seems “a lot” farther behind me than it actually is. Is this normal? I’m on software 2019.28.3.1 in a SR+.

Thanks!!

Maybe this is normal, but I’m noticing that the car behind me is not showing up when they tailgate me. When I’m parked they only show if they are practically on my bumper. The other cars on sides and front show fine.

I noticed when I flip on the camera view for the rear the car seems “a lot” farther behind me than it actually is. Is this normal? I’m on software 2019.28.3.1 in a SR+.

Thanks!!
I know your post is pretty old, but I’m getting the same thing. Only the vehicle directly behind me does not show. Weird.

If I remember correctly watching these FSD beta videos, the vehicle does not back up. If that's the case, maybe they're not rendering vehicles directly behind. I'm sure it's in the code to process the rear view camera but just a thought about not having the rendering of rear vehicle on screen.