Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Camping Va Beach info request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for local insight on a spot i can park to camp in my Model S. Ive done it plenty of times. However anyone know a spot I can park that I wont get hassled for parking overnight.

It would be cool to have a look at the beach from the car, but im assuming there isnt any place that I can park overnight without the local police asking me to move on.

Curious if anyone had any ideas..

Ive seen some folks post about parking at or near a supercharger site.. Im looking at that as an option as well.

Local KOA is booked up

Reactions: madodel
Last year, I booked an RV campsite at Point Lookout State Park at the Southern tip of St. Mary's County, MD. My plan was to camp on the eve of a rocket launch from Wallops Island and wake up early enough to watch the launch. I even bought the correct adapter for older RV outlets.

Unfortunately, I ended up canceling the trip, so I can't report much. However, my research revealed that Point Lookout is notorious for mosquitos, so beware of that. (That wasn't the reason I canceled.)

Last year, I booked an RV campsite at Point Lookout State Park at the Southern tip of St. Mary's County, MD. My plan was to camp on the eve of a rocket launch from Wallops Island and wake up early enough to watch the launch. I even bought the correct adapter for older RV outlets.

Unfortunately, I ended up canceling the trip, so I can't report much. However, my research revealed that Point Lookout is notorious for mosquitos, so beware of that. (That wasn't the reason I canceled.)

Thanks for the info. However, i was asking about Virginia Beach area.