Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

car cannot be unlocked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my brand new Model 3 for just one day. On second day, it locked me out completely. Phone key was disconnected and card key also not working. I can still use my phone app to make car honk and flash light. But, I just cannot get in.
The car towed to service center on Thursday and they claimed fixed. This morning I went to pick up but they also cannot open the door with car key.
Any one has the similar experience? What may be the issue? My worry is there are some bad HW causing such SW behavior.

Sounds like bad HW to me.

When I got my Model 3, it was common for the app/phone key to work initially, but then due to some kind of strange processing they do at Tesla, you could lose access until about 72 hours later. I figured they would have worked this out, but this doesn't sound like your problem anyway because you are able to access the car functions from your phone, and in that case the key cards always worked. If the key cards don't even work, then they were either not programmed correctly (not likely), or your car's hardware is not working.

Had similar issue - have car 2 days. Phone key worked initially then, got in car and asked for card to start car, etc. Phone key said disconnected, tried suggested turn on airplane mode then turn off, phone key still disconnected from a distance, but when I got closer to car it did unlock. Still asked for card to start the car!
Other functions of card key worked, though, could open trunk, etc.
Only one of my two cards work, luckily I had it with me otherwise I would have been stuck with no way to start car!!!
I'll see if this repeats - Have sc set for Friday.