Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car can't change lanes into HOV lane because of the double dashed lines.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Palm Beach County, FL on I95 which is the main N/S highway, the left most lane is the HOV lane for a few hours a day, and just the fast lane other times. Using NOP, when I try to have the car change lanes itself into this lane, it gets part way, and then aborts and changes back. The lanes are marked with double dashed lines, but are seperated by like 2-3ft, as seen in the following link. Is there anyway to teach the car it is ok to change lanes?

Google Maps

I don't believe that it is the double dashed lines, as that works well for me. If it is because of the dashed lines, they would show up as a red line and not even attempt to begin with. Something else is making the car unhappy.

I commonly see the situation when I'm in the HOT, that the lines are double solid and then turn double dashed. The car waits for the double dashed to get out of the HOT.

You may want to try to see if the car will change lanes from the HOT/HOV over double dashed line when in the HOT/HOV lanes.

Funny that I had the opposite. Was in the HOV on AP with solid double. Cut on Navigate and it immediately cut on right signal to try and change lanes. Cut off Navigate and tried manually and it said can't do it. Cut back on Navigate and again it immediately cut on right signal to try and change lanes.

Also I have had no problem in HOV with AP on with dashes (exit) and manually pushing the signal and it changes out of the HOV.

Also we have Express Lanes that are reversible (above was on conventional HOV). Here is a point crossing a yellow angled line that totally freaked AP out. Definitely an edge case that Tesla will have to study.

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 4.24.55 PM.png

Last edited: