Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car charged outside schedule

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my car a few days now and set it up with my Ohme charger so that the Ohme app only charges between 00:30 and 04:30 in line with Octopus Go.

That’s been working fine for a few days but when I got home today I was on low power, 8%, and I plugged it in so that it will charge over night.

I have just looked at the Tesla app and the Car is at 15% now and says it’s added 4KWH but it’s not charging anymore. The Ohme app is telling me there has been no charging done and the display shows the car is at 8%.

All a bit weird. Ignoring the fact that the Ohme app seems to be wrong could it be that the Car forced some charge so that it didn’t stay with such a low battery? Is that a thing?

I have had my car a few days now and set it up with my Ohme charger so that the Ohme app only charges between 00:30 and 04:30 in line with Octopus Go.

That’s been working fine for a few days but when I got home today I was on low power, 8%, and I plugged it in so that it will charge over night.

I have just looked at the Tesla app and the Car is at 15% now and says it’s added 4KWH but it’s not charging anymore. The Ohme app is telling me there has been no charging done and the display shows the car is at 8%.

All a bit weird. Ignoring the fact that the Ohme app seems to be wrong could it be that the Car forced some charge so that it didn’t stay with such a low battery? Is that a thing?
No way- you may have accidentally pressed the Tesla app button for charging.

No, that's not a thing.

The charger has to offer charge, then the car accepts it. Your Ohme must have allowed the car to charge.

what do you mean that the "display shows the car at 8%" the display in the car?